Koodo Community

Roaming

• 11 March 2018
  • 6 replies

I am in Portugal with easy roaming and when I try to call Canadian numbers the call won't go through. Help!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check that international voice calling is added in self-serve. It should be added with easy Roam being turned on but you never know. Does your phone show as connected to a network and roaming?
Yes, international voice roaming is on, easy roam is on, my phone is connected to a network, I just received a call from Canada, but when I try to call a Canadian number, I get a msg that the customer is not in service
Yay! Figured it out, I needed to add 00 before the number to get out of Portugal's system
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yay! Figured it out, I needed to add 00 before the number to get out of Portugal's systemGlad to hear! For future reference. You can just put '+' in front and dial the full number with country code and it should automatically use the right call out code for the country. I've never had an issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yay! Figured it out, I needed to add 00 before the number to get out of Portugal's systemFor example, you would dial + 1 for Canada and then 514 (regional code) follows by the number. The + will replace the 00 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yay! Figured it out, I needed to add 00 before the number to get out of Portugal's systemhttps://www.howtocallabroad.com/