Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Roaming

Do we get charged for the roaming itself (having the phone on while in another country) or just when we start to make/receive calls and/or text?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Only when you use it for talk, send/receive text, or use cellular data
Perfect. Thank you!
Userlevel 4
Hi Alex D! You should remove the sim card or put the device on airplane mode just in case.

Here is a link with pricing http://koo.do/Im7Mcg in case you decide to use your phone while roaming.

Have a great trip! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel wrote:

Hi Alex D! You should remove the sim card or put the device on airplane mode just in case.

Here...

It's relatively easy to control voice or data, just don't answer, but not incoming text. One unwanted incoming and DING, you're paying. Follow Daniel's advice.
Daniel wrote:

Here...

Well, TELUS(including Koodo) was the only Canadian provider to charge a fee for incoming texts while roaming, but they do not do that any more (I wonder who talked some sense into them?). So, no you are not paying.
Daniel wrote:

Here...

*according to the link Daniel posted, this is only true for U.S, Hawaii, Alaska. WOW. TELUS made it free worldwide. I guess someone still needs to talk some sense into Koodo's top people.
Daniel wrote:

Here...

I just purchased the $15 roaming texts upgrade and am travelling to Germany tomorrow. Should I disable airplane mode when making and receiving these texts? Otherwise I think I need to keep airplane on to avoid roaming charges?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel wrote:

Here...

Correct. Just make sure your data is disabled