Koodo Community
Question

rip off by koodo

Hey Koodo, you really suck, I don\t have network here in northen Saskachewan, how in the world are you telling me that I went over the 400 MB of Data?, please, check your system, I getting tired of get rip off. thanks

8 replies

Hey Koodo, you really suck, I don\t have network here in northen Saskachewan, how in the world are you telling me that I went over the 400 MB of Data?, please, check your system, I getting tired of get riped off. thanks
Userlevel 6
Jose, it might be that apps were updating in the background since this is usually the most common reason. If you open the playstore app then go to the playstore settings, you can set auto-updates to over wifi only. Also you can check your data usage in self serve. If you call and explain the situation, you might be able to get a refund for the overage since the CS is forgiving quite a lot of the time.
Userlevel 5
Jose, it might be that apps were updating in the background since this is usually the most common...Basically, learn how your phone works before blaming Koodo.
Jose, it might be that apps were updating in the background since this is usually the most common...Really, mind your business, please, thanks
Jose, it might be that apps were updating in the background since this is usually the most common...Being rude to people who can potentially help you isolate the main issue is a big No No. Your complaint is VERY common in the community,and 99% of the time it's due to apps running in the background on a phone while your Data connection is on. Considering that fact, it's VERY likely that you weren't aware of this and that usage is due to apps updating/syncing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also you can add "data block" through self serve to prevent any data charges. You won't be able to use MMS if you block mobile data though.
Userlevel 1
Do you have Facebook on your phone? Facebook is a data eater.
Userlevel 1
Also in case you would like to know for the future, you can turn data off on your android phone by following these steps: - settings - data usage - turn mobile data to off Additionally on some android phones you can set warnings and caps to prevent data overages. If you have an iPhone, you can turn data off using the following steps: - settings - cellular - turn off cellular data I turn these settings off every night before bed and during the day when I know i won't need data. This is the best way to conserve your data and still be able to receive and make calls or texts. As a previous poster mentioned, you will not be able to send or receive picture messages (MMS) when data is off.