Koodo Community

Community

Rewards for extended warrenty.

I think this might attract some future or even existing customers. For customers paying toward the extended warrenty with koodo should maybe be rewarded just auto insurance. If the customer doesn't use his or her warrenty within a certain time period should be rewarded with a portion of it off there tab or montly bill. I was just speaking with a customer agent by the name of "steve" and he agreed with this.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Yeah, if they would do this the price of the warranty would be increased quite a bit. Any extended warranty, wherever you go is priced based on the percentage of people who they expect will claim a warranty and the percentage of people who will forget about it. Think of it as having peace of mind that if you ever have an accident with your phone, you will be covered; That should be a reward enough for you.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Yeah, if they would do this the price of the warranty would be increased quite a bit. Any extende...

I'm not a Koodo employee. I really don't care wether or not you buy the warranty, I don't care if you get money back or not. For clumsy people who for some reason can't get a decent case to protect their phone, it's worth it just for peace of mind in case something happens. 

I find the fact that you can pay a fraction of the price of a phone repair if you break your phone to be worthwhile. If you really feel like you didn't get your money's worth, just smash the phone and make a claim. (Don't actually do i purposely though)
Userlevel 5
Mathieu wrote:

Yeah, if they would do this the price of the warranty would be increased quite a bit. Any extende...

I'm a customer and if you don't need insurance for a phone, don't purchase the insurance. Your choice. And tell, on this planet, what do you think that you can purchase and use with any resemblance of " peace of mind" in our disposable society, other than the plastic packagings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Isn't the reward for paying for extended warranty having extended warranty?
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. What Im saying is that if I dont use it. Where did my investment go? It's there for when I need to repair or even replace the device but what if I never used the reward of repairing or replacing. Wouldn't it be nice to see some of the investment back after a year or so?
Userlevel 7
joshua wrote:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. What Im saying is that if I dont use it. Where did my investment go?...

No you were quite clear before. But the way the world works is that you pay for something you get that something. There is no refund or anything. This is like saying that if you don't use your car insurance in a year they give you back money,  which is never the case.
joshua wrote:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. What Im saying is that if I dont use it. Where did my investment go?...

They dont refund you but the lower the rate because your a safe driver right?
Userlevel 7
joshua wrote:

Yes, except with every brand new car your rate goes back up because of the value of the new vehicle. 
Userlevel 5
joshua wrote:

No in the real world, insurance only goes up.
I'll even to examples I'd like to see. Example 1: I get a return of the money I invested back reduced on my tab or bill like I had suggested already. Example 2: If I don't use the extend warrenty maybe it could be transferable to a new phone?
Userlevel 5
I had extended warranty through Zehrs Mobile Shop, if I did not use warranty, they would knock X amount of dollars, off the cost of my next phone. Don't know if they still run this reward program.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
5s wrote:

I had extended warranty through Zehrs Mobile Shop, if I did not use warranty, they would knock X ...

This sounds interesting. A cool idea for sure.
Userlevel 2
5s wrote:

I had extended warranty through Zehrs Mobile Shop, if I did not use warranty, they would knock X ...

Rewards can come in different forms. Not just $$$$$$$. Just depends on How hungry you are for them I guess
Userlevel 5
5s wrote:

Reward plans costs money, which means higher prices, at the checkout counter and end of month billing. Koodo is branded, lower prices and that's why the majority of customers sign up. Koodo already has a rewards plan for its customers in the form of more for less offers it makes to customers. Example: that's how got the 6G/$60.00 plan. Then there was the unlimited calling and 2G for $58.00 for my wife, 3 or 4 months ago. Who beats Koodo on the pre paid data plans? Josh compares auto insurance, with phone insurance rewards. How about paying phone insurance for 5 claim free years, then receiving a "free" deductible, when you make you first at fault claim???
Okay so I'm really confused of why you guys are even debating this with me. This idea was directed to marketing people at koodo. You guys are obivously not getting what Im saying. And @ mathieu tondreau suggesting fraud to get my statisfaction from the extend warrenty. Go pat yourself on the back because that's why insurance companies hate people with your idea of insurance. From my knownledge of auto insurance is my rate will be lowered according to how a drive. Than will plateau for a while. But there's a one more huge difference between car insurance and phone insuracnce. You guys were right, I choose to phurchase the insurance or not for my phone and if not too bad for me. But Im sure we all know that if I dont get insurance for my car Im putting others at risk and self. So ask me again why am I getting insurance for my phone. I got a otterbox case and Im not terribly clumsy with my phone. I got it because I know if anything goes wrong with it and it wasnt my fault it would be almost impossible for me to get my phone fixed or replace at a reasonable price.
Userlevel 2
Joshua, I get what you're saying. Idea has some Merits
Userlevel 5
I don't know where you live, but in Ontario driving without auto-insurance is a criminal code offence. I had a Samsung s2x that "just stopped working". Wouldn't do anything, not even turn off. Took battery out overnight. Next day put battery back in and it went back to same, nothingness. Took phone to Koodo Kiosk, they gave me a loaner phone and sent out my phone. Phone came back 2nd day, problem was, software malfunctioning. Phone was repaired under warranty and that was about 3 years ago and it still works. I don't purchase phone insurance, because it did not cover screen insurance, for any reason. Maybe that changed and now it does, I don't know. What I do know is that I don't purchase $1,200plus phones. Since the s2x I've purchased the motto g 1 when it came out ($150) and last month the $225 motto g 3. I take the position that all insurance is insurance and insurance is based upon collecting premiums and only paying out, if they really, really, really have to pay out. Google extended warranties and read up on why many authors of the articles consider extended warranties, worthless. Then make an informed decision. As far as Marketing, what do you know about marketing, when you fill your marketing pitch, with profanity.
@ steve what's your career?
Userlevel 5
I buy renovate and flip houses. If I can't get sale price I want, I package the house, rent to own. What's your career?