Koodo Community

Repair process

Userlevel 2
I had to send my lg5 (which I had purchased in April) into repair because a) the battery performance (that had never been good) had gone to close to ridiculous and b) it randomly misbehaved (sometimes the screen wouldn't switch off and sometimes wouldn't switch on, plus sometimes the only way to end a phone call was by switching the phone off completely).

After dropping off the unit at the Koodo kiosk, I received an sms, stating that it had been received for repair. Thus, I somehow expected to also receive an sms once that repair was complete. Albeit, nothing happened. Now (about a week after it was returned to the kiosk by lg [according to the info in my self-serve account]), I finally went into my account to see what was going on. (A previous attempt to follow the tracking link I had received as sms was foiled because I was sent to a website that couldn't identify itself as Koodomobile properly, I received an 'unsafe website' message and didn't dare to proceed). 

Here are my suggestions out of this exprience:
a) send automated sms when status is changed to 'repair complete' or 'item received at kiosk'.
b) update your website's security certificate

11 replies

Userlevel 6
I can vouch for the unsafe website message as well when I try to go directly to the Koodo self serve link, koodomobile.com/selfserve. I thought it was wierd that message would show up on an official Koodo site.
Erwin wrote:

I can vouch for the unsafe website message as well when I try to go directly to the Koodo self se...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wierd
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When i went through the process last year, I remember getting a notification that my phone was ready for pick up.  I cant rememebr if it was a call, sms, or email though
Userlevel 2
Dennis wrote:

When i went through the process last year, I remember getting a notification that my phone was re...

The kiosk called me ...  but on my old moto, new calls don't show up so I missed it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

When i went through the process last year, I remember getting a notification that my phone was re...

So they called you on the number you gave them?
Userlevel 2
Dennis wrote:

yes and no.
YES - of course, It's my koodo phone number, so I gave it to them when I switched to koodo.
and
NO I didn't tell them to contact me by phone, had they asked me, I'd told them I much preferred a note by email or SMS (for a number of reasons, which would lead to far to explain).

The reason I think it was objectively (i.e. independent from my personal, subjective preferences) quite unfortunate to call is that they first chose to communicate by SMS (confirming the receipt of my phone for repair) but then (unilaterally) changed the channel of communication to phone.

In Communication Science there is the principle of channel continuity, i.e. if you start communicting with someone on one channel, then it is wise to continue communicating on that channel and not (unilaterally) change the channel of communication. The other person might not be listening on that new channel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Couldn't agree with you more
Went to the place we bought the phone with the same problems about the battery on the LG . Got told there was nothing wrong.
Walmart Spruce Grove sucks
No help at all!! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sharon Gagnon wrote:

Went to the place we bought the phone with the same problems about the battery on the LG . Got to...

What LG do you have? is that a LG G5? the battery on the G5 can be replaced easily. You could find a replacement for around $30
What was the symptom on the phones? have you tried to lower the screen brightness, disable the live wallpapers, etc?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sharon Gagnon wrote:

Went to the place we bought the phone with the same problems about the battery on the LG . Got to...

Also what tests did they do to prove "nothing was wrong"?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sharon Gagnon wrote:

Hi Sharon,
Come to a Koodo kiosk in Edmonton.  They are much more helpful than walmart.

If that is too far away, you can contact Koodo to get a return mailer

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy