Koodo Community
Solved

Renew and waive the tab?

I got a text saying if I renewed by May 31, my tab would be waived. Was instructed to sign into self serve butnowhere can I find the answer
icon

Best answer by Dennis 17 May 2019, 02:17

I live about 2 hours from my nearest store, ugh. I'll check back soon and see if it's been added
See my replay above. It's a known issue and they are working on it. Check back in 24hrs
View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you show us a screenshot of this text?

This isnt the 1st time koodo has done this. Sending me to an empty page which leads to an empty promise. Come on Koodo, if you are going to the lengths to text us, at least make the offer and link viable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've flagged this to a rep. Hopefully they can provide some more info
Userlevel 3
Hello there! Thanks for the feedback in regards to the offer. Since the offer is not visible in Self Serve please go in a store to confirm the promo text message with an agent and the tab will be manually waived by the support team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just got an update from my koodo contact. Looks like there was a delay adding to self serve.

Please check back again in 24hrs
Thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Tamarama The offer is pretty good. I am glad that you got it.
Out of curiosity, how much Tab you had left?
120.00, I just can't figure out how to get it. It says log into self serve but then there's no mention of it
I live about 2 hours from my nearest store, ugh. I'll check back soon and see if it's been added
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
See my replay above. It's a known issue and they are working on it. Check back in 24hrs
I got the exact text and went into the nearest Koodo kiosk since the self-serve did not help.
The staff told me that to "renew" means to buy a new phone.
So if you buy a new phone you will probably see this discount at the time of purchase.
I also asked why my wife did not get a similar text.
The answer was that there is no answer - Koodo has its own algorithm for determining what to offer to whom.
Hope this helps
M
Thanks Mike, I knew it was too good to be true lol. I have 2 phones with tabs on my account and was hoping it meant they really WOULD wave the tab lol. They need to specify what renew means then because it SOUNDS like continuing on WITH Koodo and not switching to another provider. Oh well, I'll just keep paying the tab then sigh 🙄
You just go under "view my tab balance" and click on "pay off tab balance" it will then change your tab balance to zero and won't give you the option to pay via credit card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You just go under "view my tab balance" and click on "pay off tab balance" it will then change your tab balance to zero and won't give you the option to pay via credit card.
If you do it without upgrading (that was the condition of the text promo), that tab balance is likely to show up on your next bill.