Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Refund money deposited in the previous service, Rogers.

I am moving my number from Rogers to Koodo. But when I opened the account, Rogers deposited 100 in my account. They said they will return if I end the service. Since Koodo is said to take care of the transferring process, will it help me to refund this $100? Or what shall I do to refund?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think you might have misunderstood... All Koodo helps with is transferring your number across, not with billing issues, Mi Lin. You're best off to contact Rogers about the $100 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to contact Rogers.
Koodo will take care of opening your accountand transfer your number.
But, you have to deal with Rogers anything bill related with them.
Mayumi wrote:

You have to contact Rogers.
Koodo will take care of opening your accountand transfer your number....

Thanks!
Sophia wrote:

I think you might have misunderstood... All Koodo helps with is transferring your number across, ...

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
This was likely a security deposit based on credit evaluation upon signing up with Rogers; as was stated, you'll have to contact them. Since it's already cancelled, they might have done it automatically, but when we're dealing with pure money, I would definitely contact them to ensure a cheque is sent out. Be aware that this could take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive (the carriers are awfully slow at issuing refund cheques, what a surprise...)
Jonathan I wrote:

This was likely a security deposit based on credit evaluation upon signing up with Rogers; as was...

Yes, I have contacted Rogers, and they will send me the cheque in one week. Thank you so much for detailed explanation.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

This was likely a security deposit based on credit evaluation upon signing up with Rogers; as was...

That's faster than I expected. I had a similar scenario where we cancelled Rogers home services for Bell and we had a credit owed to us, they said a cheque would take up to 4 weeks! I got them to credit another Rogers account we had in our family instead and worked out cash with them to make it faster.