Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Refer a friend ????

I referred a friend and his status says ... waiting for account to be verified.  Well, it's been over a month since he was referred.  Is there something that I/he has to do?

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
He needs to unlock the offer Nancy. He should have received an email when you referred him. Once he opens it and unlocks it start the process.
I did that for him the day it was activated.  Should I do it again?  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Prosser wrote:

I did that for him the day it was activated.  Should I do it again?  

He needs to accept it on his end.
This is the message when he checks the status:

ï Offer claimed on: April 3, 2016
ï Referral Status: Verifying 
ï Details: Your account information is being verified. We will send you an email at xxxxx@xxxxx.com when verification is complete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

Oh....I see....not sure why it says that. I looked at your account, and both you and the other sub received a credit on the 3rd of May.
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

yes, it's a bit confusing, April 3rd my son referred me, I activated that day and the next day, April 4th, I referred my husband and that is the referral that I'm referring to.  I'm currently on the phone with a Koodo Rep... hopefully will get it straightened out.  Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

Let me know what you find from them. I'm not sure they will have easy access to the info, but let's see.
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/refer-a-friend/can-I-refer-someone-who-i-add-...  This is what I checked before referring and adding someone to my account and they are telling me on the phone that it is not right and that I am not entitled.  They are saying that if they opened an NEW account instead of adding a NEW user to my account.  Makes no sense!!!
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

They gave me a $25 credit for the misleading information on the website but I still don't think that is fair.  I check the website before doing anything... found this and then referred my husband, activated a phone and opened an account for him the next day and added his number to my bill so we'd only have the one bill and they said we don't qualify.  I'm so NOT pleased with Koodo right now.  I paid to have my phone unlocked plus bought out my phone from another carrier because of the "refer-a-friend" bonus thinking it would cover my expenses to switch to koodo.  :/
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

Basically, because I added him to my new koodo account, they are saying he is NOT a NEW koodo customer.  He's never owned a phone before and has never been with KOODO before and he has his own number and own plan but he's NOT a NEW koodo customer.. WHAT UP WITH THAT KOODO?!  Can you tell I'm not happy?  That is clearly a work around to rip off customers!  I never had this kind of problem with BELL for 17 years or with VIRGIN for the almost 2 years I was with them.  That old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is not true.", certainly applies to Koodo in this circumstance!!!!!!!!!  I'm not looking for something for nothing, just what I feel I am entitled to.  Giving me half of our entitled amount just doesn't set well with me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

That's simply wrong. If he took out a new line even if it's under your account you are eligible. Let me fix this for you and talk with the rep you spoke too.
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

Please do! And thank you for trying to make things right.
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

Plus, I have emails dated April 3rd that say $50 bill credit. No where does it say $25. I was expecting $150 in total. $50 for accepting a referral, $50 for sending one and $50 for my husband accepting MI e on his account. Not quite what I got though.
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

as you can see in the above attached pic of the email I received on April 3rd.. it says $50 and it also says, "We've doubled the offer".  Regular reward is $25 but it was doubled at the time I accepted it and referred my husband.  My son also deserves to have $50 instead of $25 for referring me!  If you need any more info from me as proof, let me know.  It doesn't say that you and a BUDDY share $50 in bill credits. That red circle that says the offer is doubled is all I would need to see to say, YES, we owe our customers the full amount.
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

I just received 2- $25 credits.  are they for referring my husband and for him accepting the referral?
and what did you find out about the "We've Doubled our Offer" on the email?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

Please bear with me Nancy as I fix things. In April we indeed had a regular offer of $25 for referring someone. In the first week of May we doubled the offer to $50. I'm not sure how you would have an email from April 3rd with an offer expiry of May 31st as that wasn't available until about a week. Let me get back to you on it.
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

You're awesome!  Thank you so much for helping me today!  I appreciate so much what you've already done.
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

k... perhaps this may help.  My son is very tech savvy and he said this could explain why I see that email with May's offer.  This is the message he sent me. "If the email used html and hyperlinked to a banner if they at one point used to store a different banner image at the same web address, it would have shown up in the email image.  Instead, they may have just replaced the image file with a new one of the same file name. Instead of just changing their website to point to a different image file.  "

If this is the case, I am NOT owed any more $. I hope this helps.  He seems to think that it's a good possibility.
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

He said there's evidence in the source code for the email that it was intended to say $25.  
Userlevel 5
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

While Bernard is working on getting this fixed for you Nancy, I would just like to clarify something! Once you refer a friend/family member, each of you get $25 or $50 depending on the promotion at that time. You mentioned a little higher up that you expected $150 for being referred by your son, then for referring your husband and a third time for your husband accepting the referral. However, you referring your husband and him accepting the offer would only give you the credit once, as it's the same transaction. All in all, you would have gotten 2 credits for that period: one for being referred by your son, and another for referring your husband. I just wanted to make sure that the process was clear for the future 🙂 Have a great day!
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

Yes I understand that. The 3rd credit I was expecting technically would be the one my husband would receive. I believe everything is worked out now. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

Exactly!
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

We never recieved our $50 credits. Status said approved as of may 13th.It is now July 8th and no sign of a credit on my or my husbands( referal) bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Prosser wrote:

ï Referral Stat...

I did one on May 9th and I just got the credit yesterday. It was also stated that some of the referals are a bit backed up. I would give it a couple more days and if you still see nothing, than you can fill out the forum here to contact Koodo about it: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/contact.pg