Koodo Community

Community

Solved

red lashing light and water damaged... what does the light mean??

my Samsung galaxy s3 has water damage from when I went horseback riding and I dropped my phone in a puddle when I got bucked off the horse, ive been doing the rice trick, it managed to turn on and then it shut off, and now theres this red light that flashes for a couple seconds and now it wont turn on at all!! 😞 what do I do?? and whats the red flashing light mean??

17 replies

Userlevel 7
There may be niegh sayers but I think your pony has run it s last race.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Larf, larf, larf...
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

haha nice
im not sure what you mean.. im talking about my phone not my horse
Userlevel 3
Ayla-lynn Semeniuk wrote:

Please do not turn your phone again. Put it in a jar of rice for a few days without turning it on. Your warranty is voided due to water damage so you'd have to get another phone or pay for the repair depending on the retail cost of your phone it might not be worth it.

its in a bag of rice right now.. I just don't know what the red flashing light is..
Userlevel 7

It's a malfunction

ahh ok.. so then just leave it in rice for awhile. hopefully it works! thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

anal·o·gy noun \ə-ˈna-lə-jē\ : a comparison of two things based on their being alike in some way What Chad means is your phone is probably unlikely to recover.

well damn.. alright. ill still try the rice thing for a couple days just to see if it does recover. if not.. well I guess im screwed

are you sure there's nothing else I can do? besides buying a new phone or sending it in for repairs?
Userlevel 3

Leave it in the bag of rice for a few days and DO NOT touch it or try to power it up again for at least 3-4 days. If you do, this may cause more damage to the phone.
Userlevel 3

To add, you can always get billed out for your remaining tab balance so you can get another one using the tab. Cell phones aren't cheap and as the previous posts states these are your only options trust us 🙂 No pun intended.

thank you very much! 🙂 I really appreciate it!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Before you put it into the rice make sure to take the back off and take the battery out and wipe off any water you see with a towel and give it a few good shakes to see if any water will come out if it happens to be an excessive amount t that got in. Then place it in the rice in a warm space like near (not on top of) a heater vent. Put the battery and phone into the rice separately not all as one unit.

ive already done that, thank you
Userlevel 1
its possible that the screen is not turning on and the red light is a notification that someone is messaging you....it could also be just your phones way of saying there is some sort of error when it is trying to turn on