Koodo Community

Community

Solved

REactivate the phone that I lost

I deactivated my phone last week because I thought I had lost it for good. Ended up finding it yesterday. How do I reactivate it?

12 replies

You can reactivate it through Self Serve.
Unless, you called in to have it suspended then you may have to call in to have it reactivated since there is sometimes a two part deactivation.
Userlevel 1
Regarding Lost/Stolen 3G phones : 1. If suspended using Selfserve just reactivate SIM card number using Selfserve 2. If declared lost/stolen through care you should buy new SIM because it gets void not convinced call Koodo care
Userlevel 6
MatB wrote:

Regarding Lost/Stolen 3G phones : 1. If suspended using Selfserve just reactivate SIM card numbe...

Hi Mat, if the phone is declared lost or stolen, it can still be reactivated later without buying a new SIM card. Thank you.
MatB wrote:

Regarding Lost/Stolen 3G phones : 1. If suspended using Selfserve just reactivate SIM card numbe...

Hello my name it Gloria Quezada I lost my Iphne bat i'm out side the country in i do no't what i cant do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

Hi Gloria First, you should suspend your service to avoid someone access to your phone and billed huge bills. Log into self serve > Mobile phone > Suspend service. You are still responsible for a monthly charge. And you can re- activate your service later.
Mat is doesn't get void, it gets labeled as lost or stolen but can still be reactivated.
Userlevel 1
yeah...! lost + stolen =void cannnot be used anymore...lol
Mat when you suspend your service via the self serve, ivr or call in to do it, you are suspending the sim. The same thing happens if your service is suspended by Koodo, they suspend the service on the sim. When your phone is tagged lost or stolen, it is the sim that is tagged. When the service is restored the sim is working again.
I thought when a phone is reported stolen that the sim is disabled and the IMEI is "blacklisted" after some (unknown to me) timeframe.
Correct. The imei is reported as lost or stolen as well but this doesn't happen if you suspend through the self serve or IVR. When you call in to have it reported as lost or stolen, then the handset it flagged as well so no other sim could be used in it.
Where is self serve do you suspend it? Or cancel?