Koodo Community
Question

rcs...again

• 29 July 2019
  • 7 replies

I know this has been asked before but I feel the need to keep pressure on koodo to enable rcs. Rogers has recently enabled it and I feel koodo is really dropping the ball on this one. Could a rep or moderator fill us in on the status of rcs...if any?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think it has been activated on some phone. I received a notification on mine recently... S10+
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And I believe the pixel 3 and 3xl have it as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think the best bet for most of us is to wait for Google to push Chat feature for Canada like they did recently for the UK and France. [Many] carriers keep dragging their feet on RCS, so Google has decided to push forward and offer it up themselves without needing carrier support.
Now with the latest update on my s9 rcs is now an option

So..... When will this be able to be used
Koodo and Telus are really dragging their heels on this. Why I don't know. You would think they would want to keep what followers they have and keep up with the latest technology.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo and Telus are really dragging their heels on this. Why I don't know. You would think they would want to keep what followers they have and keep up with the latest technology.
It's low priority.
With all the chat options like messenger, whatsapp, Imessage, snapchat, Wechat, etc, most users are not really demanding rcs
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think the best bet for most of us is to wait for Google to push Chat feature for Canada like they did recently for the UK and France.
[Many]
carriers keep dragging their feet on RCS, so Google has decided to push forward and offer it up themselves without needing carrier support.

This is great news thanks Lawrence let hope