Koodo Community

Community

Solved

quick/notification panel no data Icon?

Userlevel 1
I was wondering if it was possible to place the data icon in the quick/notification panel (where WiFi , Sound, Bluetooth, Flashlight and handful of others are located). It's far quicker to access it in the pull down menu rather going through multiple menus. I'm using Samsung S8

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I know this is possible on other versions of Android but I believe Samsung may have removed the feature.
If it is an option then the following will work:
Swipe down from the top once, then again to expand the notification panel, then click edit in the bottom right, then there should be a data button that you can drag up into your notification panel.
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

I know this is possible on other versions of Android but I believe Samsung may have removed the f...

I know previous versions was removed too, but if you ran an .apk file it would bring it back.

That option you provided was the first thing I tried. I contacted Samsung via live chat. They told me it's not possible with nougat.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I know this is possible on other versions of Android but I believe Samsung may have removed the f...

I'm sure there's a crack or .apk for that. Or at least a widget on the home screen. Have you searched for the widget?
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

Haven't seen any widget that is built and/or came with the phone. I've came across some .apk's online but how can I tell if they work or not?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Reviews of the people that have tried it? Also. try going to xda-Developer's forum. They will most likely have better suggestions then us.
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

I actual did go to that forum first and read the many pages and some say it failed for their s5/s6/s7 not much mention of s8 yet. Some say on that forum that it is a carrier thing.
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

Figure it out and here it the solution, I can confirm working on my S8

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-restore-mobile-data-quick-settings-tile-toggle-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/
The problem is the version of carrier. I have international one with same nougat 7.0 and my SM-G930F with SFR have the icon and my SM-G930W8 with Koodo didn't have it.

Make the update to put-it back plz
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rény Raiche-Gregoire wrote:

The problem is the version of carrier. I have international one with same nougat 7.0 and my SM-G9...

I'm not sure that it will happen since it's not such a big problem. Try the solution posted above.
Userlevel 1
Rény Raiche-Gregoire wrote:

The problem is the version of carrier. I have international one with same nougat 7.0 and my SM-G9...

I have to do the solution that I posted every time there is an update.