Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Purchased SIM card in use/deactivated - installed by Koodo employee

My phone was stolen this weekend, so I suspended it on Sunday. I bought a new SIM card for my replacement phone today at a Koodo store.They put the SIM card into my phone at the store, then told me to call the help line. From there, they told me I could reactivate my number, then tell them the serial number listed on the SIM card. Once I did this, I was told: 1) My SIM card was already in use. I told her I bought the SIM card only an hour before. 2) My serial number was "deactivated" There was nothing that could be done, so I was apparently credited my $10 for the SIM card I spent, and told to purchase a new one tomorrow. Can someone tell me what happened here, so it doesn't happen tomorrow? As happy as I am I got my money back, rushing home from work and rushing to the store twenty minutes away before it closed is time I will not be getting back (including the time spent coming returning home, and the time I will have to spend again tomorrow doing this again).

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
First off, so sorry your phone was stolen, Sarah, that must have been an ordeal! As for the SIM card message that it was already in use, I have had this too once. I guess it is just a glitch of the system, nothing to worry about... but I am sure it is still a major PITA for you since you already went through so much. You were just unlucky I guess 😞 Perhaps if you call Koodo they can compensate you a little better than just a refund of the SIM card? No guarantees but it's worth a try... wishing you all the best with the replacement! Let's hope that one works!
Sophia wrote:

First off, so sorry your phone was stolen, Sarah, that must have been an ordeal! As for the SI...

Thank you 🙂 I don't mean to sound so depressed. Just a little disappointed in myself. Trying to get everything replaced is hectic! I just want to make sure I didn't do something stupid to put myself in this position with the SIM card. Knowing it's happened before, and that it's probably just a glitch in the system means hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

First off, so sorry your phone was stolen, Sarah, that must have been an ordeal! As for the SI...

I sure hope so Sarah, I can't imagine you'd have the same glitch twice... let us know how it went 🙂