Koodo Community
Solved

PUK code

• 8 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Once I get my IMEI code… then what?  the unlocking your phone section doesnt say anything about what to do with it once you have it.  My account page (prepaid)  doesnt have an ‘unlock phone’ section where do I input this code to get my SIM unlock pin?

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 8 February 2020, 18:58

A PUK code and a sim network unlock code are two very different things. Regardless, if you cannot unlock the phone through self serve, you will need to either contact Koodo via Facebook messenger or setup a callback via the virtual assistant.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A PUK code and a sim network unlock code are two very different things. Regardless, if you cannot unlock the phone through self serve, you will need to either contact Koodo via Facebook messenger or setup a callback via the virtual assistant.

what if one doesn’t do Facebook?

and can the callback work on the phone that is locked?

if not, then what???

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the SIM card is locked then you can't receive a call at that number. You can request a callback at any number you like though.

If the SIM card is locked then you can't receive a call at that number. You can request a callback at any number you like though.

that’s not very convenient for some people.

especially in these times…

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

that’s not very convenient for some people.

especially in these times…

That's like saying it's inconvenient that you can't drive your car to the mechanic when it won't start. A locked sim card that's asking for a PUK code renders the card inoperable until the code is entered. It's not a matter of koodo policy.

thank you.

that’s a very sensible answer.