Koodo Community
Solved

problems with email!!!

Userlevel 1
my friend has a galaxy s3, She can't seem to send emails unless she is at home and hooked to wifi, if she goes anywhere she can't send them, she can get them but not send. Does anyone have answers for this? she is with koodo

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What email client does she use, Gmail, Outlook, ect?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Her outgoing mail smtp server should be Smtp.telus.com
Userlevel 1
its the mail that she uses for her email from from internet provider she is with koodo not telus. What is really wierd is she used to be able to send but now it won't unless hooked to wifi. She also uses gmail and has no problems with that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sue Caouette wrote:

its the mail that she uses for her email from from internet provider she is with koodo not telus...

Because her smtp server is pointing to her server is why its working on wifi

Changing the server to smtp.telus.com will fox the issue when youre on Koodo An easier fix for this is tonuse the gmail app and add your external (non gmail) account to it instead of using the email app that comes with phones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sue Caouette wrote:

its the mail that she uses for her email from from internet provider she is with koodo not telus...

Using smtp.telus.com would only work if the phone owner has a telus.com email account. Each email service will have it's own smtp server with login credentials. Is it possible a setting was changed in the phone to cease sending via that server, or did a login credential get gibbled? I just had to re-enter my account password as it was not working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sue Caouette wrote:

Please see Timo's answer and the other employees chiming in.

Should have been smtp.telus.net Sorry y'all dont like the answer.

https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/t...