Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Problem with Picture (MMS) texts

I have been with Koodo for many years. I can sometimes send picture texts, but can never receive them (nothing comes through, if people didn't tell me they had sent me something I would never know). I currently have a nexus 4, but have had the same problems with my Nexus S, and blackberry curve before that. I have a full data plan. Anyone have any suggestions?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's something wrong at the network level. Call tech support and have them submit a trouble ticket.
Userlevel 2
Since this problem has persisted through multiple cellphone upgrades, it would seem to indicate that you have a data block on your account. Did you activate a data block when you signed up? Or are you on some old Blackberry plan? If the former, call customer support and have the data block removed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
quasarito wrote:

Since this problem has persisted through multiple cellphone upgrades, it would seem to indicate t...

Even if there is a data block there should be some sort of notification. (usually a dead link to koodomobile.com/bb). The fact that nothing at all arrives suggests a network problem. Sending would also never work with a data block on the account.
I called tech support and although they said I didn't have a data block or any other kind of setting on my account preventing it, she said they needed to update setting on my account. Thanks for all the help!