Koodo Community

Community

Solved

problem with deactivate call forwarding

I have never subscribed to call forwarding but have used **67* for forward calls previously. However, after I have deactivated call forwarding using ##67#, #21#,##61#,and ##62#, I still got charged for call forwarded to my home. I checked my phone setting and noticed that from the phone setting, call forwarding has been set to forward calls to 7785804002 which I believe is Telus number. When I tried to switch off the call forwarding on my phone, an error saying that the operator does not support disabling call forwarding when busy! Any idea what I can do to stop the call forwarding? Thanks.

Jim

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Generally numbers such as 4002, and similar are your voicemail numbers, and not adjustable.
What I couldn't understand is that after I have deactivated the call forwarding, why I still got charged for call forward? Can't I deactivate it at all?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

What I couldn't understand is that after I have deactivated the call forwarding, why I still got ...

The number you mentioned above is for voice mail.
They don't charge you for call forwarding for that and you can't deactivate/remove it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you log into self serve and check if there is a "Call forward" add-on there.
If it's there, try remove it through self serve?

I did log into my account and saw no Add-on at all. BTW, if there was, I would be charged $3/mon., which I had never got charged for that. In my case, I saw two calls got forwarded to my home and was charged $0.50/each. I really can't understand how that happened at all.
FYI, here is what I saw on my bill.
Number and place you called - (my home number was shown)
Where you called from - Call Forward
and then the time was 1:00 min and charge was $0.50

Any idea? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try this one.
From their website :Deactivate Call Forwarding
  • Press *720.
  • Press Send or Talk (depending on your phone) and an automatic prompt will confirm the feature has been deactivated.
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/call-forwarding
Thanks again for your suggestion. FYI, I have never activated the call forwarding (and therefore I have never got charged for the add-on). Anyway, I did what you have suggested (i.e. press *720) a few month ago when I did the deactivation call forwarding by pressing ##67# etc.

Any other suggestions? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So your call forwarding is still on?
What happens when you receive a call?  is it forwarded?
The call forward is always set on "on my phone" (using the phone setting to forward to my home phone), and is still working if I don't receive the call. The question is how to deactivate the call forward at Koodo so that they won't charge me. Note that I did *720, ##67#, #21#,##61#,and ##62# a few months back and I still got charged! Are there things that I have missed or is there a number that I can Koodo for help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

The call forward is always set on "on my phone" (using the phone setting to forward to my home ph...

If you dont want Koodo to charge you, you need to edit/disable the call forward set "on [your] phone".  As long as it is set "on your phone" then it is enabled when the call is forwarded to anything but your voicemail
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

The call forward is always set on "on my phone" (using the phone setting to forward to my home ph...

Are you saying that you want your phone to forward calls to your home number but you don't want koodo to do so?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

What does this screen look like for you Jim?

Jim Ng wrote:

yes, I want call forward done by the phone and NOT doing it by Koodo. My phone looks like the screen capture that you have ... and of course with my home phone number there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

All call forward will cost money.

The phone "handling call forwarding" is just a short cut, but the network is still forwarding the calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

Therein lies your problem. Turning on call forwarding on the phone simply sends a message to koodo's network to turn on call forwarding. It is not the phone itself that is forwarding calls.
Jim Ng wrote:

What if I don't want forwarding. The problem is that I can't turn it off at all. Going back to my original question, if I try to turn it off, the phone will indicate an error saying that the operator does not support disabling call forwarding when busy! The phone number shown for forwarding is either 7785804002 or I can set it to my home phone. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

Call forwarding when busy cannot be disabled because it is required for voicemail to work. If the call is forwarded to the voicemail number you will not be charged. If it is forwarded to any other number, you will be.
Jim Ng wrote:

So the voicemail is free?
Jim Ng wrote:

Thanks for all your help and clarification. THANK YOU!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

Yes.  Originally it would have been 7785804002  for it to forward to your voicemail box.  Change it back to this 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

Yes. Voicemail is free.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

yes, I want call forward done by the phone and NOT doing it by Koodo. 

This is not possible, as indicated by the others.  Think of it this way - where will you phone forward when it is unreachable (turned off, out of signal area, in your basement, etc.)?  Since obviously your phone can't manage such a situation, it has to be handled by the network.

If you are already on a call - how do you expect the phone to manage forwarding a call? It is busy with the call you are currently making.

Jim Ng wrote:

BTW, if a call has been forwarded to voicemail, how will I know if a call is there and how do I access it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Ng wrote:

There would be an icon in the notification bar at the top of your screen. It would look something like this: