Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Problem trying to port my number to Chatr, please help.

I am trying to port my number to Chatr,  they have submitted a request to port on June 2nd (almost 2 weeks) but the request was not processed, my Koodo number is active on the $15 plan until July. Chatr is saying that the issue is on Koodo's side. Please help.

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since we do not have acess to those kind of information I would recommend contacting koodo on FB in order to see what's wrong. Here's the link www.m.me/koodo
Thanks Robert, is that the best way to contact them about this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karine wrote:

My personal opinion, yes. Waiting on hold is never really any fun and with facebook you can message back and forth on your own time.
Karine wrote:

Thanks again, I have sent them a message yesterday, let's see what happens.
Userlevel 4
Karine wrote:

Isn't it as simple as going to chatr and porting number from Koodo? I think you need your pin number, as well.
Karine wrote:

Yes, it was suppose to be that simple, it worked for me in the past. This time Chatr is claiming that the number is not active even though it is. So I am one carrier is blaming the other for this.
Userlevel 4
Karine if you don't mind is there any specific reason why you are leaving Koodo? I assume your $15 plan is prepaid one.
Jan Hope wrote:

Karine if you don't mind is there any specific reason why you are leaving Koodo? I assume your $1...

Jan, I am leaving because I had the $35 prepaid plan which I believe is gone now, and Chatr has a prepaid $35 that has everything I had with the Koodo plan plus unlimited Canada-wide anytime talking instead of Evenings/Weekends with the Koodo one. Does it make sense.
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

Karine if you don't mind is there any specific reason why you are leaving Koodo? I assume your $1...

Karine as long as you don't use data it doesn't make sense, indeed. Did you try to talk to Koodo to match the chatr plan?  You have nothing to lose. Remember though that chatr operates mostly on reliable Rogers but only 3G network.
Jan Hope wrote:

No I don't use data and don't need it.
I didn't try to talk to Koodo because I read from many people on here that they don't do plan matching unless I am wrong. Otherwise, I had no issue with Koodo, I have been with them for a while but I just need to talk mostly during the day instead of waiting for the evening or on weekends.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

I thought that if you have old plan, then you can continue to renew old one. But if it didn't renew after 30 days and activate your account again, then you have to pick one of new plans.
Jan Hope wrote:

Yes, I could have stayed with that plan but I initiated the switch to Chatr because it was a better plan, then I downgraded to the $15 plan because Chatr did manage to port the number in time before my $35 run out.
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

You are right they don't do price matching but maybe can help you to find something in the same price range with a similar features.
Jan Hope wrote:

What do you suggest?
Userlevel 6
Jan Hope wrote:

If Chatr meets your needs (network-wise) and offers a better deal, I can't blame you for switching.
Since this is pre-paid porting, aside the account number (if you can find it), be sure to supply Chatr with your phone's IMEI (and make & model of the device), along with your PIN. I always port pre-paid numbers via IMEI number (instead of account number).
Jan Hope wrote:

Thanks for your feedback, I don't remember if I gave them the account number or the IMEI number but the issue they are saying is that my number with Koodo is not active while I am actually able to use it and text just fine. I was already aware that the number has to be active for them to be able to port it, so I made sure of that.
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

If you didn't port yet to chatr and fuly made up your mind. Talk to some Koodo rep. Talk about your needs and find out if they can help you, if not, go ahead and finalize your switch. I know it is time consuming.

You can always come back in the future. 
Jan Hope wrote:

At this point I am stuck in between the two, I do have a temporary number that Chatr provided but my number is still stuck with Koodo with a $15 plan waiting to be ported. I am still trying to get someone from Koodo to reply to my Facebook message and my email.
Jan Hope wrote:

I must say it's much easier and faster communicating with Chatr than with Koodo
Userlevel 6
Jan Hope wrote:

Koodo told me my Virgin Mobile numbers aren't active when they struggle to port the number over. Then I just ask them to do the port request again and it goes through. Don't be intimidated by what they say. Get 'em all the info they need and have them do the port request. When the port request gets denied, they'll always refer you to the other carrier.
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

I hope you can solve it as soon as possible and to your full satisfaction regardless which Mobile Provider you are going to end up with.

Good luck, Karine.
Jan Hope wrote:

You won't beleive how many time I told them to try again. At one point they said we tried to call the number and we got your voicemail, I thought, wait a second, how did you deduct that the number is not active, isn't that a sign that it is.
Jan Hope wrote:

Thanks Jan, the last time I ported my number it only took a few minutes literally, this time I am going into week 3.
Userlevel 6
Jan Hope wrote:

Whenever a port request is denied, the new carrier will ask you to contact the old carrier, claiming that you have to make sure the number is active with the old carrier. They may even obnoxiously claim that the number is not active. Wireless porting is quick, meaning if it doesn't go through right away, it has to be done again.
Jan Hope wrote:

I actually filed a complaint with the CCTS because of this run around. It seems that sometime they don't even try to send a request.