Koodo Community

Community

Solved

PRICE OF PHONES WENT UP ON KOODO

Why has the price of most phones, including Galaxy S4, have went up? Koodo, you are supposed to slash the price of S4, if not other phones, even more knowing that new Android devices; such as HTC m8 and S5 are coming out? WHY?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Because they can, Nez 😞 It all happened with the 2 year contract rule that the government imposed, causing carriers to make the price of their phones more expensive. You're probably best off to wait till the S5 is being sold, I'd imagine the price of the S4 will come down then 🙂
Thanks for the reply Sophie, but I mean the S4 was for 500 last week, all of sudden it is sold for 600 now? same thing with Iphone 4s, 5c and S4 mini? I was closely watching the S4, caz I wanted to upgrade and was hoping that it would drop even more. But much to my surprise, it went back up.. STRANGE!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nez Ay wrote:

Thanks for the reply Sophie, but I mean the S4 was for 500 last week, all of sudden it is sold fo...

Looks like the sale ended.
Nez Ay wrote:

Thanks for the reply Sophie, but I mean the S4 was for 500 last week, all of sudden it is sold fo...

Prices can change at any time without warning. This is stated in Koodo's TOS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nez Ay wrote:

Nez, if it was a sale, then it is up to Koodo to remove them when they want... This is the idea behind a discount or a sale. Plus, it was clearly mentionned it will end.

am not talking about the 100.gift bonus on purchase of a new smartphone, am talking about the price of phone itself. You guys dun need to go all barmy on me here and start defending koodo. Dun get me wrong, i love koodo, but stuff like this doesn't make sense. Also, i know that they can change the price anytime they want without notice, but am saying that it is not fair. nuff said..
Nez Ay wrote:

am not talking about the 100.gift bonus on purchase of a new smartphone, am talking about the pri...

No one is defending Koodo. Any business can change the pricing of their products at anytime without warning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nez Ay wrote:

am not talking about the 100.gift bonus on purchase of a new smartphone, am talking about the pri...

I can understand your frustration. I've been denied some deals too because I didn't get them in time and I am sorry you though we went barmy on you. I was just trying to find an explanation to the price hike. As suggested, wait for the S5 to be released (Aprill 11 I think) and then the price of the S4 will most likely go down a little bit.
Userlevel 4
Nez Ay wrote:

Changing the prices on products at any time without warning is perfectly fair since all companies tend to advertise when the sale ends. 'nuff said.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also, competition is selling their Galaxy S4 for 700$, so Koodo still has the best price of them all Videotron (650$) : http://www.videotron.com/residentiel/mobile/appareils-et-accessoires/telephones-intelligents/samsung-galaxy-s4#tab/custom-tab-0 Rogers : http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_Detailed=GS416BLK Bell : http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Products/Samsung-Galaxy-S4 Virgin : http://www.virginmobile.ca/fr/phones/phone-details.html?model=galaxys4&colour=Black
Userlevel 7
Despite new phones coming soon, my guess for the sale the past few weeks (and its subsequent March 31st end) is because it was the end of the quarter and they wanted to get some last minute activations.
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

Despite new phones coming soon, my guess for the sale the past few weeks (and its subsequent Marc...

This is probably it. It looks like almost every phone went up at Telus today as well (most of their phones were 0 down when I looked the other day).
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Despite new phones coming soon, my guess for the sale the past few weeks (and its subsequent Marc...

Interesting, and makes perfect sense! I never thought about financial quarters and activations. Quite possibly what happened!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahhh Prices go up and prices go down, grab a deal when you see it or you may end up with a frown 😞