Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Price of an LG G4 is cheaper on a tab?

Hello, I'm looking into buying an LG 4. If I follow the steps to purchase the phone it's $654, if I choose to add it to a tab, it says that it's $50 upfront for the phone and $15 month for 24 months on Tab. So, $15 x 24 months + $50 upfront =410 for the device. That's 244$ cheaper for the device on the tab. Am I completely missing something here? I'm on a $49 plan for 1gb, no tab. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's a Christmas miracle! 🙂 No, you are not missing anything Ben. Phone is indeed cheaper on TAB than buying it outright. Not for long so hurry up if you want it. :-) 
Userlevel 7
Nope, you're right. A lot of people think buying a phone outright is cheaper, but unfortunately that usually isn't the case in Canada. If BYOD plans were cheaper over 24 months than subsidizing a phone over 24 months then you would see a lot more people taking BYOD. Unless it's a phone that's only available directly from the manufacturer, like the Asus Zenfone 2.
Can I stay on my current plan? and from what I've been reading I can pay the tab off at anytime? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Croteau wrote:

Can I stay on my current plan? and from what I've been reading I can pay the tab off at anytime?&...

Should'n be a problem staying on your plan as you are on a newer one. And yes, you can pay off the TAB anytime, although it's a no interest loan so it doesn't make much sense to pat it off.
Ben Croteau wrote:

Can I stay on my current plan? and from what I've been reading I can pay the tab off at anytime?&...

on the Tab plus not an interest free loan, since there is a built in 'fee', right?
Ben Croteau wrote:

Great! Thanks Bernard & Jonathan. I just put in an order.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Croteau wrote:

@golfnut TAB plus indeed requires specific plans. Easy to avoid, buy simply paying more up front.
Userlevel 4
Ben Croteau wrote:

@golfnut.  Only if you're getting tab plus.  regular tab doesn't require specific plans.
Ben Croteau wrote:

I was worried for a sec after reading golfnut_eh's comment. There was no mention of a tab plus, just a tab.