Koodo Community

Community

Question

Prepaid sim card is not working

I recently acticated it yesterday and the calling seemed to work yesterday since one call came in. Then today, it doesn't work anymore. I tried texting too, same result. The connection bars seem to disappear after a few minutes. I already restarted, take sim out and even the airplane mode. It's not connecting still. Should i wait 24 hours? I assume it'd take less hours by now. I'm using Nexus 5 from Fido so I assume it should be unlock and fine.

4 replies

Badge +4
The SIM card should connect immediately provided the phone is registered with Koodo's network.

To register[b] your phone with Koodo's network, go to: Settings > More > Cellular networks > Network operators > Search networks. When you see the available networks listed, select Koodo. Wait for the phone to connect to the network. Once connected, a message should appear "registered on network".

If that doesn't work, try a network reset. Go to: Settings > Backup and reset > Network settings reset > tap Reset settings and follow the prompts.
Thanks for the reply. I did the first suggestion and it connected. I was able to send a text message but it still won't receive or send calls. So i tried the second suggestion and it won't connect to koodo at all. I still keep retrying, hopefully it'll connect later. Is it possible that something is wrong with the sim card? Or just with the network?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mel24 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I did the first suggestion and it connected. I was able to send a text m...

Maybe a trip to a Koodo shop, where you can test with a known good SIM is in order.
Badge +4
mel24 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I did the first suggestion and it connected. I was able to send a text m...

I dug up a similar post where Timo explains the problem is either with the network or at the account level. He suggests calling tech support to get the problem resolved.

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/nexus_5_not_compatible_with_koodo