Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Pre-paid Data cap/limit/booster question

I got the $15 Pre-paid plan with 500 minutes. What about Data limits/cost/cap? Do I need a Data booster too? If so, how much does Data cost per how much if I do not? I have it so my phone will download all updates and auto-sync only to Wifi spots, but I want to know anything relating to Pre-paid plans and Data, do I have a specific amount of Data with my plan? None? Does it do the whole $7.50 pay-per-use for 50MB thing?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No data is included. You will need a data booster for data to work. http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
În order for data to function you would need to buy a data booster as well. So no, there isn't a pay per use option in prepaid. Which are available at this site http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml

So if I don't get a Data booster pack. What does this mean I can't do? I can make phonecalls or send texts still - just can't download things unless it's Wifi?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can't browse the Internet but you can make phone calls and revive text messages for sure!
Well, that's probably perfect for me then. I can browse the net simply on my wifi as I did buy internet for myself in my new apartment, so, it'd only be useful to buy Data plans if internet perhaps wasn't had at all. So, I shouldn't get any 'hidden fees' due to not having a data plan? Even for the miniscule amount of kb's that are sent via mobile in the background and foreground?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Because you are on prepaid, the fact that you don't have any data booster will result in you no having data access at all. So no hidden fees! What a nice thing. Isn't it. Also, you could buy a data booster and keep it for as long as you like. You know, just in case you want to look something up really fast. For 30$ for example, you could keep that 1gb of data for the whole year if you want. You never know when data can become useful (looking through a map, an important email, etc).
I'm an extremely indoors kind of person, and with Wifi hotspots being a thing that will only grow, then I suspect the only time this will be useful for people like me is if I go in the buttf**** of nowhere, or a very rural town, or camping. But, great to know. Thanks for the help to all who helped.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mounce wrote:

I'm an extremely indoors kind of person, and with Wifi hotspots being a thing that will only grow...

You never know where the TARDIS will take you 😛
Mounce wrote:

I'm an extremely indoors kind of person, and with Wifi hotspots being a thing that will only grow...

Har har har 😛