Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Possible to 'upgrade' to a new phone after one breaks ?

I got my moto-g at christmas this year for free when I signed a contract with Koodo, I broke it this week and wanted to buy a new moto-g to replace it. Since I've been with Koodo for almost a year do they sell phones at a more discounted priced - sort of like an upgrade for older phones? Or will it still be the full 150 regardless of how long ive been with koodo?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
No, the phone retail price is still $150. However, you only have to pay out your old Tab balance (if you have one) and then you can start fresh with another one. The Tab gets reduced each month for paying your bill.
Userlevel 7
How did you break it? Ive actually sold broken and water damaged phones on ebay and have been able to recoup some of the costs associated with getting a new device. If its just a cracked screen or water damage, you may want to look into that.
Userlevel 7
The only thing with getting the screen fixed is that it actually may cost more to get it replaced than buying a new phone (depending on where you can get the repair done). If you find that it will end up costing more to fix the phone then you can try what Jonathan suggested above.