Koodo Community
Solved

Popup of word 'Koodo" on phone screen during unlock

• 17 October 2021
  • 6 replies

When I unlock my phone, the word ‘koodo’ is in the top left corner, blocking my view of my notification icons. I cannot find anyway to disable this popup. It persists for about 5 seconds, which sounds tolerable… but it isn’t. When you want to quickly glance at your phone and see if you have a message or reminder and you have to stare at the word “Koodo’ for several seconds… it is extremely frustrating. 

I am looking for instructions on how to disable this advertising that I did not consent to. Thanks! =)

My phone is Android. It is a Moto G Power 2021.

icon

Best answer by CatDogFish 20 October 2021, 22:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you take a screenshot of this the next time it happens and share it here?

Hi! It happens every time. It’s not a glitch or anything, it has been like this since I activated the phone.

I attached a screenshot. The front-camera is in the top-left corner (which is obviously not in the screenshot) and then the “koodo” is right next to that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t think it’s advertising and mist likely an issue with the OS. When I open my iPhone, I see Koodo as well meaning I’m connected to Koodo’s network and this thing stays there. Are you on the latest OS? 

This is a brand new phone so I would hope it is the latest and greatest in terms of updates! I checked and it is Android 10. I also found some threads online with folks asking when Android 11 would be available on this phone model and it looks like you can’t get it yet. There are no updates available for my phone’s software (I checked).

The “koodo” disappears after the 5 second count, and does not reappear until next screen-unlock.

I will say that I have had moto/android phones on other networks and have never seen the name of the network popup on the screen AFTER unlock like this and block notifications from showing. I have only seen it on a locked screen.

On this new phone, the ‘koodo’ also displays on the locked screen but in a different location (centered and lower down). This location would be fine as it doesn’t block the notifications.

Regardless, I would like to disable it if it is possible, or prevent it from showing on the unlocked screen. Do you know how to do that? =)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

FIrst research on the web gave me that : https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoG/comments/2v4v7c/tip_you_can_disable_the_carrier_logo_in_your/

If we could do ‘gifs’ in this thread I would be sharing a confetti & parade gif!

Thank you for digging up that thread, Robert! I did not find it when searching on Reddit - I only found threads that involved jailbreaking phones, etc.

To close out, for those looking SPECIFICALLY for the ‘Moto G Power 2021’ version (since in the thread, the actual steps are not QUITE right for my phone, but close enough that I found it).

Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > show mobile network (subtext: display current network name in status bar) - (this is a toggle you can on/off).

Thank you again Robert! And for everyone who weighed in =)