Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Pokemon Go not working on LTE, 4G, or 3G

As of about 14 days ago Pokémon GO stopped working on LTE, 4G and 3G networks for me.  Niantic Blames Koodo and Koodo blames Niantic. It only works on established Wifi which defeats the purpose of the game.
This is an acknowledged issue by Koodo but no resolution is forthcoming.  The game still works for my Wife (only difference is that she doesn't have a grandfathered plan) so I can only surmise that Koodo is trying to lose or force out customers with grandfathered plans.

Can Koodo please post an update to this problem as playing Pokémon Go has been one of the few things my wife still enjoys while battling cancer.  I would like to continue to keep her happy as you can surmise battling cancer isn't as fun as playing Pokémon Go. 
Otherwise can Koodo please refund me $30.00 in premium items that I purchased which I can no longer functionally use because they are shaping my LTE/4G/3G networks data for this a
Please note that none of the previous suggestions to fix this problem have resolved it.  Namely:
x My phone is not rooted
x I was not banned/soft-banned as confirmed by Niantic
x I don't have a data restriction on Google Play or associated apps that Pokémon Go utilizes
x Switching to 3G/4G from LTE has no impact
x Its not a Pokémon Go server issue as my wife is able to play in the same area, whereas I cannot sign in.
x My LTE network works just fine with any other app or software while simultaneously not working for Pokémon Go.  This isn't a problem with my phone.

Can Koodo please resolve this issue in a timely manner?
Regards,

Alex

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Alex! We definitely understand that this is not a pleasant situation to go through. We want to reassure you that we are actively working towards a resolution ever since this issue was flagged to us. 
We also want to confirm that the issue has nothing to do with your current rate plan or your phone. There is also no reason for us to prevent our customers from enjoying an application on their phone. We do have confirmation that the problem also does not affect everyone on the network. We appreciate your patience while our team is still working on the issue.  Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Alex. Please stay posted on this other post for updates( tagged below). Also thanks for posting all the information needed to get an issue fixed. Wish all the posts were like that lol https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/pokemongo-works-on-wifi-but-not-on-my-data-plan?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all
It's not working on my phone either... Seems completely ridiculous.. Im getting an error message in the app that says can't locate GPS or something along those lines. I've tried all kinds of resolutions, nothing's working. :((( ghetto!!