Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Please help! Prepaid to Tab!

So I'm on a prepaid plan, I'm switching to a tab for the Galaxy S3, and I really want my old number, I've had it for five years, how do I switch it over to tab?

14 replies

Userlevel 5
When you go into the store. They should be able to port it over from prepaid. I wouldn't worry about losing your number 🙂
Justin Robichaud wrote:

When you go into the store. They should be able to port it over from prepaid. I wouldn't worr...

Thank you!! They said it would cost extra money when I went in today, should I just press to get it? 😕
Userlevel 5
Justin Robichaud wrote:

When you go into the store. They should be able to port it over from prepaid. I wouldn't worr...

I totally forgot about the $35 fee. It's possible they will charge you that! Sorry!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justin Robichaud wrote:

What's this $35 fee for?
Userlevel 5
Justin Robichaud wrote:

Porting a number from prepaid to postpaid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justin Robichaud wrote:

I don't think Koodo charge you for porting fee ...?
Userlevel 5
Justin Robichaud wrote:

If it's an internal port there's a possibility.
Justin Robichaud wrote:

No problem! I was just confused, they didn't tell me about it, just ignored it, I will definitely pay it!
Userlevel 7
Justin Robichaud wrote:

No, there is no fee for an 'interal' prepaid to postpaid port. And even visversa.
Userlevel 5
Justin Robichaud wrote:

Awesome! Good to know! I thought a customer of mine was charged for an internal port before. It may have been another company!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They will run a credit check on you to open a postpaid/monthly account, so don't forget to bring proper ID.
Mayumi wrote:

They will run a credit check on you to open a postpaid/monthly account, so don't forget to bring ...

It's going on my dad's account, so there's no worries there, thank you though, I'll remind him!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

They will run a credit check on you to open a postpaid/monthly account, so don't forget to bring ...

Oh, your Dad has a monthly account with Koodo already. So your Dad can use a "Refer-a-Friend program". Make sure he send it you before you go to a store. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/refer-a-friend/refer-a-friend-program-terms-and-conditions
Mayumi wrote:

Ah, okay! Thanks 🙂