Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Play store problems and google app problems on the lg g3

I have an lg g3 and after my phone updates to kit Kat my play store and google apps stop working. I've tried clearing cache and restarting my phone but that doesn't work. I've also force quit which doesn't work. The only thing that did work was doing a factory reset but my phone will try to auto update and the apps will stop working again. I'm wondering if there are any other options or ways to get the apps to work without having to factory restet and redo all of my settings and customizing my preferences over and over again.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Conor,

Are you getting any kind of error message when you open any GApps?
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Conor,

No, it's just coming up as a blank screen for the play store
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Conor,

Try going into Google Play Services from the application manager and clearing the cache of that, restart the phone and see if it works now
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Conor,

To get to that do you go into settings > apps > all > google play services? If so that didn't work.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Conor,

Sir. My mobile p6 is Cannetion problem, Google service is communicating servers , please link or, help
Userlevel 5
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Conor,

Hi Saya Soe Than,

What phone do you have? Is it a Nexus 6P or a Huawei Ascend P6? Can you try this please : http://koo.do/21lNx8y.

Thanks
And all of the google apps just show the loading swirly thing
Userlevel 7
There's probably an update that got stuck. Find the app in the Play Store and cancel it.
Jonathan I wrote:

There's probably an update that got stuck. Find the app in the Play Store and cancel it.

The play store is one of the apps that isn't working so I can't go in and check
Userlevel 7
Try rebooting the device, then go into play store again. See if you can then turn the auto update feature off.
Jonathan I wrote:

Try rebooting the device, then go into play store again. See if you can then turn the auto update...

The play store still comes up as a blank screen even after I rebooted it
Jonathan I wrote:

Try rebooting the device, then go into play store again. See if you can then turn the auto update...

I am having this same issue on my LG G3and none of these suggestions have fixed it.
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

Hi Lara!

Could you please try this : http://koo.do/21lNx8y.

Let us know if it works.

Thanks! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Add to Mathieu's suggestion: Apps settings: choose Google Play Store and [b]Uninstall updates