Koodo Community
Solved

planning on switching from iPhone to Samsung, need help.

• 19 November 2020
  • 8 replies

So I currently have an iPhone XR (that I’ve grown very bored of). I’ve had an apple phone for forever and am used to everything it offers, a little too used to it. I’m due for an upgrade and I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE + 5G ( never had a Samsung before). 

I just wanna know what the general opinion is would be, should I switch from apple to Samsung ? 

Thanks in advance 😊🥰

icon

Best answer by Sophia 19 November 2020, 19:56

Well that’s like asking should I buy bananas or pears for my lunch snack :smile:  Both are good, both are fruits, both are tasty. It just depends on your preference.

I am personally very fond of Samsung and like yourself, quickly bored with iPhones, but others would say the opposite I’m sure. There really is no right or wrong here, just know that if you purchased a lot of apps for your iPhone, you would probably have to repurchase them again on Android.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well that’s like asking should I buy bananas or pears for my lunch snack :smile:  Both are good, both are fruits, both are tasty. It just depends on your preference.

I am personally very fond of Samsung and like yourself, quickly bored with iPhones, but others would say the opposite I’m sure. There really is no right or wrong here, just know that if you purchased a lot of apps for your iPhone, you would probably have to repurchase them again on Android.

Thank you Sophia for your reply! That’s a great analogy and truly how it is lol! 

I think I’ll make the switch 👌🏻😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t think you’ll regret it… change is good. However don’t shoot me if you end up hating your Samsung after all :rofl:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This video might help https://youtu.be/wC9-jQEvzWg

If you don’t have a lot of friends/relatives who are using Facetime and iMessage to communicate, you shouldn’t be worried.

Thank you Dinh! I’ll definitely look at that video! ☺️

I don’t think you’ll regret it… change is good. However don’t shoot me if you end up hating your Samsung after all :rofl:

Lol I won’t hold you too it! Don’t worry I thank you for your help! 😂🥰

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not gonna lie.  Change is hard.  I knew Android was better and provided more flexibility.  But I was so used to how iphones worked that it was very difficult to adjust.  My recommendation is to go with a high end android to it is more comparable with the iphone in specs and quality.  The thing that bugged me the most was how notifications and text messages worked slightly differently.  But if you use other messaging apps it will be less of an issue.

Not gonna lie.  Change is hard.  I knew Android was better and provided more flexibility.  But I was so used to how iphones worked that it was very difficult to adjust.  My recommendation is to go with a high end android to it is more comparable with the iphone in specs and quality.  The thing that bugged me the most was how notifications and text messages worked slightly differently.  But if you use other messaging apps it will be less of an issue.

Hi Dennis! 
Thanks for your reply! Good to know, I will definitely take that into consideration! 🥰