Koodo Community
Solved

Pixel 6 Pro eSim support

• 27 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Would an eSim from Koodo work with a Pixel 6 Pro bought from Google store?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 27 October 2021, 06:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It should work fine as the phone is unlocked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Would an eSim from Koodo work with a Pixel 6 Pro bought from Google store?

Very likely. After all, it is one of the compatible devices.  Make sure you get the eSIM voucher from your local Koodo store. https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/esim-voucher

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I won’t have my Pixel 6 until mid-November but am planning to go to eSIM for my Koodo service and keep the physical card slot available for [eventual] travel etc. 

I’m amazed you have to physically go to a Koodo retail location to get an eSIM though.  Isn’t one of the key advantages of eSIM that it’s supposed to be all online?  It looks like Fido (Rogers’ Koodo equivalent) works the same, physical store visit required, but Virgin Plus (Bell’s eqivalent) says you can do it through your online account. 

Anyway.  I’m sure others will be well ahead of me (I pre-ordered fairly late though Google) and may be able to confirm before I even get my unit, but I’ll try to report back on my experience if that is not the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Confirmed, activated my eSIM today with my new Pixel 6 after it finally arrived.  Thanks @Dinh and @MilkyWay.