Koodo Community
Solved

Pixel 3a Wifi Calling

When will Koodo support Wifi Calling on the Pixel 3a?

I talked with Customer Support and they said that the Pixel 3 and the Pixel 3 XL are on the approved list, but the Pixel 3a is not.

I do not see why Koodo has not added this phone to the list when it is a Google made phone and when previous models of the Pixel phones are supported.
icon

Best answer by coltonbauman 6 October 2019, 18:08

@coltonbauman I'm going to try and have someone look at your account, the Pixel 3a is supported
Thanks for the reply Rob. Through some reddit-Fu I was actually able to get it working. If anyone is interested, here's what I did.

Turned off WiFi and data and went and turned on the WiFi calling toggle. It opened a web page but didn't load. It did however display this link that I then copied into my browser. I turned data on and hit refresh. Suddenly it brought me to the setup page. Followed the steps and it said it was now enabled. Turned WiFi back on, and suddenly the toggle works!

@Rob Koodo I doubt you have much input in the company, but if I could make a suggestion, it would be for Koodo to better educate their employees. I talked to multiple people on Facebook, and multiple reps. All swore up and down that the pixel 3a was not supported. In fact they all swore no pixel device is. They were all just looking at koodos online list of supported devices, one Rep even told me she was looking at that and that was the end. I also had a Rep supposedly spend 10 minutes with tech support, only to come back and again say it's not supported.

As someone who is tech savvy, it was a struggle for even me to get it to work when I knew it should. For the average person, it would have been a complete dead end to activate this, even though its doable.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is no official date. Seeing that the pixel 3a is fairly new I assume they havent yet or are still in the process of testing. Just keep checking on your phone or the website for when they bring support for it.
Where can we petition to have this fiaster, it's ridiculous that they pushed this phone so hard and still don't support a basic feature.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Where can we petition to have this fiaster, it's ridiculous that they pushed this phone so hard and still don't support a basic feature.
I would recommend petitioning on their social media
A quick follow up: I called them and they enabled it, requiring an actual phone call to enable it for some reason -.- But I can offically confirm it works!
A quick follow up: I called them and they enabled it, requiring an actual phone call to enable it for some reason -.- But I can offically confirm it works!
What exactly did you say, and what did they do? I keep calling in, but no one is able to help me. They all just say it's not supported and that's the end of it.
Userlevel 4
@coltonbauman I'm going to try and have someone look at your account, the Pixel 3a is supported
Thanks for the reply Rob. Through some reddit-Fu I was actually able to get it working. If anyone is interested, here's what I did.

Turned off WiFi and data and went and turned on the WiFi calling toggle. It opened a web page but didn't load. It did however display this link that I then copied into my browser. I turned data on and hit refresh. Suddenly it brought me to the setup page. Followed the steps and it said it was now enabled. Turned WiFi back on, and suddenly the toggle works!

@Rob Koodo I doubt you have much input in the company, but if I could make a suggestion, it would be for Koodo to better educate their employees. I talked to multiple people on Facebook, and multiple reps. All swore up and down that the pixel 3a was not supported. In fact they all swore no pixel device is. They were all just looking at koodos online list of supported devices, one Rep even told me she was looking at that and that was the end. I also had a Rep supposedly spend 10 minutes with tech support, only to come back and again say it's not supported.

As someone who is tech savvy, it was a struggle for even me to get it to work when I knew it should. For the average person, it would have been a complete dead end to activate this, even though its doable.
Userlevel 4
@coltonbauman I’m glad you got it working. We can clearly do better on the instructions on how to activate. As for the internal/external pages, they’re on my list of things to get updated.

Oh yes I forgot that I did this part too, it was trial and error before I got this stupid webpage and broken Telus link up. But I also had to have them enable it on their end, they told me it "had to be done by phone"

@coltonbauman

I'm going to try and have someone look at your account, the Pixel 3a is supported

I just tried this but can't get it to work. The URL you mentioned dies not load at all after enabling data. It says the URL is wrong.

Any other suggestions to get WiFi calling enabled on an unlocked Google phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just tried this but can't get it to work. The URL you mentioned dies not load at all after enabling data. It says the URL is wrong.

Try this link:

https://ent.telus.com/acmegw-android/entitlement/e911

Try this link:

Thanks Allan!  That worked like a charm on my Pixel 4 XL!  I also set it up right away on my wife’s phone (same as mine).  Thanks again!

So the same as many of you with the Pixel 3a I couldn’t get it to work. However tried the sets above and on the phone with data and Wi-Fi off pasted this into the web browser: 

Try this link: (as per Allan M. above)

turned data back on then followed the steps. Within 5 min under phone settings> calls>Wi-Fi calling now should show “call over mobile network”

If not enable Wi-Fi calling the toggle switch should just activate it and your finished.  

Thanks Allan for all the tips.

I’m having the same issue I think.  I tried going to https://ent.telus.com/acmegw-android/entitlement/e911 but it doesn’t recognize my number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m having the same issue I think.  I tried going to https://ent.telus.com/acmegw-android/entitlement/e911 but it doesn’t recognize my number.

Do you have all required add-ons? 

Do you have all required add-ons? 

I have the Koodo VoLTE Access add on. Do I need any others?