Koodo Community

Pixel 3A model number?

• 3 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Could someone tell me what the model number is of the Pixel 3As that Koodo is selling?

I want to know if it comes with an eSim

Model G020G?

5 replies

Badge +4

Looking at several Google Pixel 3a spec sheets, this device is not eSIM equipped. However, the Pixel 3a XL (G020C) is eSIM equipped. Yes, G020G is the correct model number for the North American variant of the Google Pixel 3a.

Google Pixel 3a + Pixel 3a XL compare

In Koodos eSim help notes about switching to an eSim they do list the Pixel 3A as one of the phones that can be switched

Badge +4

Then I stand corrected. After posting my initial response, I started reading some posts over on XDA Developers and realized the number of people, mainly in the U.S., who successfully got eSIM to work on their Pixel 3a devices.

Userlevel 6

In Koodos eSim help notes about switching to an eSim they do list the Pixel 3A as one of the phones that can be switched

You got it! Google Pixel 3A does show on the list  https://koo.do/2TelGM1

Badge +4

It seems odd Koodo doesn't list eSIM anywhere on the phones’ technical details page. I’m guessing it’s not exactly a selling feature. Still, it would make it easier for customers to find this information. At one time, model numbers were displayed too, again, making it easier for the customer to get the information they needed, however, I think the lack of webpage space was the reason they did away with model numbers.