Koodo Community
Solved

Pixel 3/3XL Call Quality - garbled, static dropped calls

Hi everyone,
I recently got a Pixel 3 during black Friday. The only issue I am having is issues with call quality similar to this thread here:
https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/12/13/google-pixel-3-xl-call-quality-issues/

I called Koodo who verified everything on their end but the Rep I spoke with did try to optimize my device for the network. I was told monitor it over the next few days. I also called Google which didn't really do much.

Anyone in the same boat?
icon

Best answer by Goran 24 December 2018, 16:36

You can call the toll free number from any other phone. You can also use the digital assistant to request a call back for any phone number if you wish to speak with tech support. I assume that your wife has a pixel 3? Have you check out the first posted link at the top of this post? Did you also try swapping sim card to see if the problem follows?

View original

15 replies

Here is another user in the same boat.

https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/pixel-3-incoming-calls-dropping-7792144
Same. Got my wife the pixel 3 and after a week the calls got terrible. Static, screeching, no audio. Just hot trash.
Did you try calling Koodo to see if they can optimize the device in the network? They did that for me and so far I haven't had any issues.

I will continue to monitor.
Yes, it has been terrible for me. I'll have to try calling about optimization. Looks like Telus added wifi calling for pixel 3, doesn't appear koodo has yet.
Hopefully Wifi Calling comes soon as it could help in areas of low signal where you have WiFi. Yesterday I used my phone to make calls for about an hour with no issues. People heard me clearly with no complaints.

I'm not sure what Koodo does when they "optimize the phone" for their network but so far so good. I will keep this post updated if anything changes.
So my wife's phone is 100% Impossible to talk with over the phone. Koodo has zero support except a call to that same phone. We cant even talk to support. What a joke.
Try doing this:
* Clear all storage and cache for the app "Carrier Services"
* Reboot phone

I have been doing this and so far so good.
Did that already with no luck.
Did you also try going forcing the phone into 3G Only?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can call the toll free number from any other phone. You can also use the digital assistant to request a call back for any phone number if you wish to speak with tech support. I assume that your wife has a pixel 3? Have you check out the first posted link at the top of this post? Did you also try swapping sim card to see if the problem follows?
got through to support and they had no idea what "optimizing the phone for the network" means.
They told me to return the phone.
I told the guy that I was asked to get them to perform an optimization on their end and he responded by telling me "thats done on the phone by deleting the cache and rebooting".

I guess Ill take the phone back because koodo support knows less than I do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's an issue with google / the phone itself, there's notuch Koodo tech support can do. Hopefully you'll get one that does work well.
Goran wrote:

If it's an issue with google / the phone itself, there's notuch Koodo tech support can do. Hopefully you'll get one that does work well.

after more and more support calls, Im sending it back. i cant believe i cant just return it in store.
Droc wrote:

Goran wrote:

after more and more support calls, Im sending it back. i cant believe i cant just return it in store.

Not sure where you bought the phone but here is how to return it if it's within 15 days of purchase.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

If the 15 days is up and you're using the warranty

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy
Any updates regarding this? I just placed an order for the Pixel 3 online but am thinking about cancelling it before it ships.