Koodo Community
Solved

picture messenges wont send

• 30 July 2019
  • 9 replies

I pay for unlimited text and picture messaging and have not ever been able to send or receive pictures.
Whys this happening?
icon

Best answer by Mayumi 30 July 2019, 18:16

If your plan doesn’t contain data you can’t send or receive pictures no matter what your plan says. Most of Koodo’s plans do contain data though.
You can still access to your data even if you don’t have data on your plan.( It will be pay per use charge for data use)
They don’t charge you for data if it was used for MMS. But people could get data charge for data leakage on the background.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone do you have? Did you ever do anything like reset your APN settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your data on? Any error messages?
Userlevel 4
If your plan doesn’t contain data you can’t send or receive pictures no matter what your plan says. Most of Koodo’s plans do contain data though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can still access to your data even if you don’t have data on your plan.( It will be pay per use charge for data use)
They don’t charge you for data if it was used for MMS. But people could get data charge for data leakage on the background.
Userlevel 4
Yup and it always leaks, unless you pay to allow picture messaging with data block.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yup and it always leaks, unless you pay to allow picture messaging with data block.
You can change the APN so that mms works but regular data is disabled
Userlevel 4

Yup and it always leaks, unless you pay to allow picture messaging with data block.You can change the APN so that mms works but regular data is disabled

Oh?? What would it be changed to? Thanks!
I pay for unlimited text and picture messaging and have not ever been able to send or receive pictures.
Whys this happening?

You need to have data turned on even if you don't have any data to use. I use picture messaging when on wifi but still have to turn on data. Do you know about the new plan that includes 250 MB of data(same price and unlimited messaging) I am assuming of course that you are on prepaid $15😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yup and it always leaks, unless you pay to allow picture messaging with data block.You can change the APN so that mms works but regular data is disabled
Oh?? What would it be changed to? Thanks!

I just add "XXX" to the end of the apn sp.koodo.com so I can just delete that extra part if I wanted data again. Do not chang any of the MMS fields