Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Picture Messaging Problem

I have recently switched to a plan that includes 200MB of data a month. And from what I understand, I have unlimited picture messaging, but I am only able to receive pictures, when I try to send a picture, it doesn't work. It attaches the picture to my message, but it just says it is sending, and it never sends.I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if I have to change any settings or anything?? (I have an LG Optimus LTE)

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your phone from koodo or did you bring it to Koodo? Also do you have your data on because it needs to be on to send pictures. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 3
Ya as kid said if you don't have data on you you will just get errors with picture messages
I brought the phone to Koodo, it was originally a Telus phone. I checked, and the data is turned on
Lola wrote:

I brought the phone to Koodo, it was originally a Telus phone. I checked, and the data is turned on

Are you using the default msging app, or a 3rd party one
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lola wrote:

Better question: Have you configured your APN settings for koodo? http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-3-c.shtml
Lola wrote:

only difference between the koodo and telus apn settings is the actual name, sp.koodo.com vs sp.telus.com. So if she has data, we can rule out any issues with the mms proxy
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lola wrote:

The mmsc is different as well, http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc as opposed to http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc, and very important for picture messaging.
Lola wrote:

missed that in my glazing over, sorry
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lola wrote:

That was my next suggestion after I found out it wasn't a Koodo phone, you got it Timo.
Lola wrote:

I checked my mmsc, and it is the correct one
Userlevel 2
Hey Lola, try these steps: 1: Confirm that you can web browse and make sure wifi is turned off and Mobile Internet is turned on. 2: Do a battery pull with the phone on. 3: Make sure you're able to recieve regular text messages. 4: Make sure your MMS settings are turned on. 5: Do a factory reset then readd the Koodo APN settings into the phone, making sure the Koodo APN is selected (tap to the right of the APN to have the coloured dot show up). If your picture messaging still does not work after this, contact Technical Support for additional troubleshooting. Keep in mind that with non-Koodo phones, we cannot guaratee internet services and MMS falls under this on HSPA phones. Good Luck 🙂.