Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Picture Messaging not working!

I just got the $39 plan yesterday but I still cannot send or receive picture messages? Optimus one, running the latest software ( LG-P500h-V20a, Android v 2.3.3 ) When I send out a picture, it stays at "sending..... " When I tap on download, its says "currently unable to download, try again later"

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Do you have a working data connection? Wifi doesn't count. Unlike some older non sim card phones, the Optimus One requires a data connection through koodo servers to send these type of messages. If data is shut off or blocked it won't work.
Yes, working connection, I actually have my wifi off. and I'm able to browse m.nhl.com but not able to send or recieve mms
Userlevel 7
So next let's take a look at your data settings Settings Wireless and Networks Mobile Networks Access Point names. There should be only one koodo.sp and it should be selected. If anything else is selected select koodo.sp instead. You need to do this on the phone. Not through pc suite.
I'm attempting to use the LG PC Suite to try and access it
Userlevel 7
Jacob Brown wrote:

Nope not like that. You need to do this on the phone.
Userlevel 7
Jacob Brown wrote:

Select the unselected koodo.sp and once it is open hit the menu key and delete it.
Jacob Brown wrote:

When I open either koodo.sp the menu key does not do anything
Jacob Brown wrote:

the only option I have from the menu key from the APN part of the menu is to "reset to default" and that is from the entire list of APNs
Userlevel 7
Jacob Brown wrote:

Reset them then
Jacob Brown wrote:

did that, and still unable to send or recieve
Userlevel 7
Jacob Brown wrote:

I do believe it's time for you to call tech support. Let me know what they say
Jacob Brown wrote:

^^ LIKE ^^ will do! Thanks anyways! Stay tuned!
Jacob Brown wrote:

well I did call in. Support directed me to reset the APNS to default and then edit one of the existing APN's but as I could not do so becuase I cannot edit any of the default settings: and was directed to set up an additional APN with the following details: KOODO SP apn - sp.koodo.com proxy - 74.49.0.18 port - 80 username - not set password - not set server - not set mmsc - http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc mms proxy - 74.49.0.18 mms port - 80 mcc - 302 mnc - 220 auth type - none apn type - notset AND then I had to select it to make it work... which it did... the ONE TIME! lol So now I'm right back to where I started
I have: Koodo SP sp.koodo.com - Unselected Koodo SP sp.koodo.com - Selected Koodo MMS sp.koodo.com - No option to select
Userlevel 2
Jacob Brown wrote:

I have: Koodo SP sp.koodo.com - Unselected Koodo SP sp.koodo.com - Selected Koodo MMS sp.koodo...

Hey Jacob, did you have a cdma phone on your line previously? ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Jacob Brown wrote:

I have: Koodo SP sp.koodo.com - Unselected Koodo SP sp.koodo.com - Selected Koodo MMS sp.koodo...

There was in fact a CDMA phone previously on this line.
Userlevel 2
Jacob Brown wrote:

What the cause is, is on the back end, some information was not updated when the switch to HSPA was done. This was a common issue when upgrading from CDMA to HSPA devices. What you'll need to do is contact our Tech Support team(*611 Option 6) and let them know that you previously had a CDMA phone and you switched to an HSPA phone and now you can't recieve picture messages. There will be a tool they can use to update the back end information and then your picture messages will come through. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
well I did call in. Support directed me to reset the APNS to default and then edit one of the existing APN's but as I could not do so becuase I cannot edit any of the default settings: and was directed to set up an additional APN with the following details: KOODO SP apn - sp.koodo.com proxy - 74.49.0.18 port - 80 username - not set password - not set server - not set mmsc - http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc mms proxy - 74.49.0.18 mms port - 80 mcc - 302 mnc - 220 auth type - none apn type - notset AND then I had to select it to make it work... which it did... the ONE TIME! lol So now I'm right back to where I started NOW WHAT? I've got a new APN set up and selected but still it doesnt allow me to send or recieve mms
Userlevel 2
That’s odd Jacob! This seems more complex than expected, I suggest that you give another call to a tech. Please dial 1-866-995-6636 (option #6) from a landline so that they can troubleshoot your phone. They might have to escalate this issue to a different department to take a closer look. Resolution time frame can take up to 3 business days. Thanks for your understanding.
I had the same issue (yes - my data is on.) Called Koodo and tech support directed me to check the same settings, everything was correct. They couldn't resolve my issue at the time of the call and said they would call me back. They never called me back. I e-mailed Koodo to ask for help and to tell them I was promised a follow up call and never received one, and have not received a reply. Annoying technical problem is one thing. Inadequate customer service and support is another. I've been with Koodo for 7 years and I am about to walk away forever over this.
Amanda wrote:

I had the same issue (yes - my data is on.) Called Koodo and tech support directed me to check th...

I ended up calling in and having them reset everything on thier end to allow any picture messages MMS to come through.

I upgraded my phone to a Samsung S4 Mini since and havent had a problem.