Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Picture Messaging Doesn't Work

Hi, I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini from Telus. I currently have the $30 Koodo plan which includes unlimited messaging (text & picture) and 200 minutes - my plan does not include data. Every time I try to send a picture message, I get an "unable to send message right now" notification. I've read that I need to turn on mobile data, but even when I do that, it does not work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
You don't by any chance have data block on your account, right?
Userlevel 1
Did you set up the Koodo APN?
Userlevel 7
http://mobilemasters.koodomobile.com/the-comprehensive-guide-for-bringing-your-unlocked-device-to-koodo/ koodo apn for mms is at the bottom. Props to Ivan!
Chris: I don't think so? Mo D. : Yes, I did set it up Daniel: Do I add in those elements for a new APN? Would I get charged for using data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rahul Balasundaram wrote:

Chris: I don't think so? Mo D. : Yes, I did set it up Daniel: Do I add in those elements ...

You have to be careful with your data. The data used to send/receive MMS doesn't cost you anything but your apps and OS may use data without your knowledge if you do not block them from doing it. Any data used in this way will result in a charge.
Anything I have read about plans that inc unlimited pic msg also have the problem for those of us that don't want to use data or get unnecessary charges by our phone apps accessing and using data and we don't know how to turn that off - shouldn't there be something that Koodo can do to eliminate that problem for the customer
Userlevel 4
LynneG wrote:

Anything I have read about plans that inc unlimited pic msg also have the problem for those of us...

It's not Koodo that decided how picture messaging works. It's a standard across all carriers. I wish there was something in place to make it easier...
LynneG wrote:

Anything I have read about plans that inc unlimited pic msg also have the problem for those of us...

I totally agree with you -- I turned on the mobile network so I can send a couple of picture messages and even though I thought I had apps sent to not auto sync next thing you know they are accessing the network -- not sure how I'm going to get around this issue