Koodo Community

Community

Solved

picture messaging

I have the $50.00 plan, and which comes with unlimited texting and picture message. For some reason I can't seem to receive pictures on my phone. When someone sends me a picture, it will come to my phone in a text message. Saying downloading, it will say that and won't diwnload. I have a samsung galaxy ace!

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Do you have the data turned on? Data must be enabled for picture messaging to work. Data used for the picture message is covered. Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Use Packet Data needs to be on
Can I leave my data on at all times, even if it's not being used?, or should I turn it on to receive the picture?
Can I leave my data on at all times, even if it's not being used?, or should I turn it on to receive the picture?
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

Can I leave my data on at all times, even if it's not being used?, or should I turn it on to rece...

If you leave data on all the time, then other applications will use data. So if you don't have a data plan, you'll be charged the pay per use data rates. If you don't have a data plan, it's best to just have the data turned on when receive pictures then turn it off.
Userlevel 1
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

Can I leave my data on at all times, even if it's not being used?, or should I turn it on to rece...

turn it on before you send or download a picture messge. complete the mesg then turn it off. It does get annoying but there is a thred on here that can let you know how to set up the phone to only allow data use for picture messaging This is quoted from a Mobile Master Chad Burr "Input the following settings (leaving designated fields blank): APN NAME: Koodo (NoData) APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: Port: Username: Password: Server: MMSC: Proxy server: Port: MCC : MNC : APN type :internet Save this entry (usually by hitting the menu key and selecting SAVE) Now create a Second APN using the following settings APN Name: Koodo MMS ALLOW APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 Username: Password: Server: MMSC: http: //aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 MCC : 302 MNC : 220 APN type :mms Now save this entry as you did the first. On the list of available Access Point Names you'll notice three (or more) entries. Select the Koodo (NoDATA) apn and make it active (you'll notice you can not choose the Koodo MMS ALLOW entry) Exit the APN menu. You'll notice the 3G or 4G data indicator has disappeared leaving only the Signal strength indicator. IF YOU HAD PREVIOUSLY TRIED AND FAILED TO SEND PICTURES IT MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES FOR THE INDICATOR TO DISAPPEAR. When you do send a picture the Data indicator will re-appear and the picture should be sent. Same when you get a picture message. "
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

I set the apn up, if I turn my data on, and select the koodo(no data), and can I turn the data on and not be charged to keep it on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

If you use this particular method on the galaxy ace you will need to delete the original apn or the phone will revert to it. It's actually easier on this phone just to change the apn type of the default apn to mms.
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

So now that I deleted the original apn, and selected kood(no data), can I turn my data on, and keep it on? I and not get charged for it?
Userlevel 1
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

As long as the above process was followed to the letter/number, you should be good to go
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

Okay cool! I another question I want to get a new phone. Can I go and buy a phone use my same sim card, and it's ready to use? or do I have to buy a new phone, and activate it and use the same sim card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

Can you rephrase the question? Because those sound like the same thing to me.
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

I was just wondering, I was planning on buying a new phone, if I go and buy one, can I just slip my sim card in the phone and start using it right away, or do I have to go to a koodo store and activate it with the same sim card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allesha Cleveland wrote:

On HSPA, it's the sim card that gets activated, not the phone, so just swap your old sim card over and you should be all set.