Koodo Community

Community

Solved

picture messages and data

i have a galaxy s3 i am wondering why with an unlimited picture messages pkg i have to use my data!!??? i don't think its right to use my data if I'm already paying for my unlimited pictures it shouldn't cost me data at all too!! i pay for data as well!! As soon as i put my data on to receive the pic it loads everything it can at the same time which doesn't help if ur close to ur cap.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
The data stream to koodo has to be on to send the picture. But I agree with you, koodo needs to address this head on and come up with a viable solution even if it means costly upgrades. They already heard the cry to eliminate incoming text roaming charges and honestly this is the last bastion of the things koodo could do to elongate complaints on an otherwise fantastic service and company. Do it Koodo! Btw the workaround is to connect to any wi-fi source before sending a picture message.
Userlevel 7
Sending/receiving picture messages doesn't use your data plan. Apps running in the background that use data is not Koodo's fault (which is why you think "it uses your data"). That's how the phone works and that's the phone you decided to get. Quite frankly, all phones work like that now. Always working in the background.
Ahmad wrote:

Sending/receiving picture messages doesn't use your data plan. Apps running in the background tha...

Just because "that's how your phone works" doesn't mean it is right. Koodo needs to keep up with the technology and eliminate the need to connect to data. They don't even warn you about it. I love koodo, but the picture/data issue should be addressed
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Sending/receiving picture messages doesn't use your data plan. Apps running in the background tha...

Hey Angela, they did address it. You can now add a data block that allows MMS only for 2$ per month.