Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Picture messages and Data.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X, and I can not send/receive picture messages. They are included in my plan however, as far as I am able to tell, they require data to send/receive. I do not have a data plan and I also have data blocked, does this mean I can not send MMS/Pictures at all? How do I fix it?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
You must have access to the network data connection to send picture messages. If you've blocked data, it won't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This older post gives instructions on how to use MMS without accidentally using data. However you have to remove the data block for MMS to work still http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/change_apn_to_disable_internet_while_enabling_mms_on_samsung_ace_2
for this circumstance I find it's best to allow data and use droidwall to block everything else but texting. this app is quit reliable for this purpose , it is a simple firewall app with whitelist or blacklist function, for what you want use white list mode and allow texting app through by checkling it off in the list of apps in droidwall ,currently u need root access for droidwall and to do prettymuch any non standard function on android that you can imagine