Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phones Data period vs Actual Data Period.

Userlevel 1
So I've updated my old Nexus 5 to a Moto Z Play and the only problem I have is the dates. My bill is actually today to the end of the month but my phone has it set from Dec 19th to January 18th. I was hoping there is a way to change it on my phone. I would prefer the phones built-in usage information as opposed to downloading an app that helps tell me how much data I have used. I am hoping someone called help me. I tried clicking on it to change the date but it didn't work.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe you have to enable data and then click on the date and I adjusting the date should show up That said it is best for you to use Koodo's data counter as the built in phone one won't be as accurate.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I believe you have to enable data and then click on the date and I adjusting the date should show...

I ended up getting it after I had to turn off automatic date and time then I set the date for January 18th which would have been when the cycle changes and it then asked me if I wanted to change the date of the cycle and I set it for the first of each month. But it's set up now so I'm happy. I appreciate the help though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Settings>Data usage.  You should be able to change your data usage period here
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Yeah but she's saying the option doesn't show up, she knows where it is
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Click the drop down that has the incorrect billing cycle and you have a menu option called "Change Cycle"
Userlevel 1
Dennis wrote:

I ended up getting it after I had to turn off automatic date and time then I set the date for January 18th which would have been when the cycle changes and it then asked me if I wanted to change the date of the cycle and I set it for the first of each month. But it's set up now so I'm happy. I appreciate the help though.