Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone won't let me key in a word

Hi...I was posting on a help forum...smokershelpline...and I went to right a message about not feeling well after drinking a Power ade and it won't let me spell Power ade ...hmmmm it won't let me here either...although its the right spelling but it separated it into 2 words ..is this a glitch? I have a Samsung Galaxy lll. Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
You may need to turn off space bar auto correct if possible. Look under settings, language and input,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also when you write the word and it shows up in the prediction above the keyboard tap on it and it should put the word in the way you want. This is if you have predictive text enabled.
Badge +4
Your phone should give you the option to add the word 'Powerade' to the phones' user dictionary. Powerade is a trade name, so the phone doesn't recognize this as a word. To add custom words to the user dictionary go to: Settings > Language and input - tap the Samsung keyboard setting (gear icon), tap Predictive text, scroll down to 'My word list' and add custom words here. The other method is to tap and hold the word, you should be given an option to add the word to the dictionary.
Sorry gentlemen...I tried both of those and neither worked.it may be because I post on this particular website. When I type the word in a text...if I was going to send it..it does come up so I tap on it then spacebar and it is fine. If I keyboard it and space...it seperates when in a text. My predictive text is enabled. Thanks again for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jackies wrote:

Sorry gentlemen...I tried both of those and neither worked.it may be because I post on this parti...

Try the SwiftKey keyboard, that one works as described above. It is the first app I install on any new device... I could almost swear it is smarter than me (not that that would take much :p)
jackies wrote:

Sorry gentlemen...I tried both of those and neither worked.it may be because I post on this parti...

I installed it and I like the lettering and wide screen and lighter brighter keypad theme... I however do not like the number arrangement. Not sure what tocall that ssection of the keypad. It also accepted Powerade... Haha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jackies wrote:

Nice 🙂 You can tweak the settings, not sure what you can do about the number pad - I know you make it right- or left handed - you can also add a number row at the top of your regular keys. There are several themes too, I absolutely love the "Forest" theme because it is so easy to see the letters and I find the green soothing. Best of all it's free now. I paid about $5 for the app, I think.