Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone won't connect to network

I just transferred my cell service from Telus to Koodo. The poor worker at the Telus store could not get my phone to connect to the Koodo network even though it connected fine with the demo SIM card. I kept my old prepaid phone (HTC Desire 320) from Telus. What could be the issue, and is there anything I can do to fix it? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What did the Telus rep attempt to get your phone connected ? We can try to take it from there if possible.
Goran wrote:

What did the Telus rep attempt to get your phone connected ? We can try to take it from there if ...

Sorry - Should have said the Koodo worker. I was told I did not have to talk to Telus at all. The Koodo worker tried the demo SIM in my phone and it worked perfectly, but when she put in 2 other SIM cards it would not connect to the network. She called tech support but nothing was working. Eventually, she gave me my phone and said she had tried all she could do, and I would just have to wait for Tech to fix it (or something like that). 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

What did the Telus rep attempt to get your phone connected ? We can try to take it from there if ...

If a demo Sim worked no issues then your phone worked an unless it chose that very second to then crap out its extremely unlikely to be a phone issue. I'd try again with another Sim. It's unlikely but possible that the two Sims were the issue. Did any settings get changed at all after th demo before the first actual Sim for you?
Goran wrote:

Nope. The worker tried two different sims after the demo one, and tried the demo one between the other sims and it would only connect when the demo sim was in. Tech support is supposedly looking into it, but I was hoping there might be something I could do. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Not a whole lot. It's rather perplexing that two others would not work without something happening to the phone, whether it's changing setting or whatnot. If it can reset network settings, perhaps a factory reset, or trying manual network selection and making sure WCDMA type network selection are enabled, and still not work, you quickly run out of things to do.
Goran wrote:

I changed over to koodo from public yesterday, the customer service rep said my phone was connected to the network but the battery needed to be charged when i got home charged my phone it tells me there is no connection to the network, heip no service.
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

HI Robert, Which phone do you have? Have you tried restarting the phone?