Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone stolen in July

My phone was stolen two months ago. I tried to cancel the phone online several times - no result. Now I owe over $300 and I haven't seen the phone in 3 months. I am not paying the bill. Android Tab m or L

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Lisa, you'll have to pay your bill. There is no way of cancelling online, so whatever you did did not cancel your line. If you used self-serve to suspend your line, all that does it prevents usage but doesn't stop billing. If you want to cancel your account, call Koodo at 18669956636 from any phone. If you don't pay the bill, it will be sent to collections and it will ruin your credit
I did TRY to suspend the line. But there were still extra calls etc. Made long distance - therefore extra charges. I tried to cancel the phone again and Koodo doesn't do it at their kiosks and I was on hold too long on the phone waiting to cancel the phone. Why should I pay for the company's mishaps and inadequecies?
Userlevel 7
Lisa Hiller wrote:

I did TRY to suspend the line. But there were still extra calls etc. Made long distance - theref...

Suspending the line doesn't cancel the account. It's not Koodo's fault you were impatient on the phone and never attempted to call back later. What kind of logic is that? There were no mishaps or inadequecies, you were just impatient. And now you admit to the fact you never actually cancelled your account. You got impatient and hung up and thought everything would be okay. That's not how it works.
Lisa Hiller wrote:

I did TRY to suspend the line. But there were still extra calls etc. Made long distance - theref...

I was impatient. Anytime I have to wait more than 10 minutes on the phone - it is the company's inadequecies.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lisa Hiller wrote:

I believe Koodo have a call back system if their lines are busy - you leave a message/number and they call you back.
You can't blame Koodo's inadequacies .
Also, even the IVR tell you they are having high volume of calls, they sometimes(most of time for me) connect within 5min.
Userlevel 5
Lisa Hiller wrote:

KOODO CALL BACK - has to be the best Customer Servise tool initiated by Koodo, for the very reason Lisa expressed. Most I've ever waited was 10 easy minutes. Easy because I wasn't tied to the phone, seething in anger waiting and waiting..... thanks for the pleasant memory Mayumi 🙂
Userlevel 5
Its pretty easy to report your phone as lost/stolen on the Koodo self serve website. You can even choose to have it blacklisted from the options online. Not cancelling the phone because the wait time on the phone was too long unfortunately isn't going to cut it. Your responsible for the monthly bill, regardless of what happens to your phone. And all that will happen if you don't pay, is that Koodo will send the bill to collections and you will damage your credit rating.
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

Its pretty easy to report your phone as lost/stolen on the Koodo self serve website. You can even...

I know what will happen. But since my phone was actually stolen, I have a legitimate argument. If my phone was not stolen - chances are good that I would not have made more phone calls, used extra data etc. Don't you agree?
Userlevel 5
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

Its pretty easy to report your phone as lost/stolen on the Koodo self serve website. You can even...

Unfortunately you don't really. If you look at all the paperwork you would have initially signed, It even mentions that had you suspended your phone, you would continue to have been charged your monthly plan and everything. Koodo is a service provider, regardless of if you have your phone or if it was stolen, they continued to provide the service agreed upon.
Actually, I tried to report the phone as lost or stolen on the web site several times on different devices and at different locations with wifi. It may be pretty easy but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. If the web site shows an error message or a "this request can't be completed.", several times, that's not a good image.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can argue it all you want, but as per the agreement you signed, you are responsible for the charges. This will go to collections and affect your credit rating.

FYI. Don't sign up for Shaw or get a credit card. You will be on hold for over 10 mins easily every time. And you will still be responsible for those charges even if you were impatient. I assume you didn't file a police report either (you probably would have waited 30-60 mins). They would have told you to call and wait on hold to cancel your phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Lisa.

I understand that this is a very frustrating situation. We, here cannot do anything to help you with it. If you really want to get this problem solved, you would need to call Koodo in order to see what there is to do. Yeah, you will probably need to wait before someone answers you, but try hitting the 0 when they ask you to chose between option 1 to 6. It will go directly to someone, but you will still have to wait! Koodo has all to win if you're not paying the bill and you're going to be the only one losing here (bad credit score, pay more money, etc.). 

Maybe the next time it's worth it to wait on the line for some time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can call customer service and attempt your excuse and have them check the last calls made with the phone and that they are numbers you have never called before but if they're numbers that have indeed been called before well then Also from now on activate the lost / stolen phone features on your phone so you can track and wipe the phone remotely from your computer so nobody can use the phone, this takes less than 10 minutes so you should have the time to set it up
Userlevel 5
That's the first thing I set up on my phone and if someone stole my phone the first thing I'd do is destroy my phone with Black List then call Koodo.