Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone stolen from unsuspecting playground worker. Help with remotely enabling data/advice on locating loser who took my phone

My phone has been stolen. I remotely installed several apps such as androidlost & other similars. I have yet to be able to send sms messages and was wondering if I might be able to activate my data remotely, or if anyone has any tips/advice.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
It would be good to know what phone you had. Different options for an iphone than there maybe for android phones.
Samsung g s2
Userlevel 6
Adrienne Stinson wrote:

Samsung g s2

Hmmmm....ok....androids will let you wipe data remotely and locate the phone but turning data on is not something I know they could do. You should definitely suspend your phone though.
Adrienne Stinson wrote:

Samsung g s2

Do you know any other ways to locate an android? i've tried a few apps, but no responses although my phone is definitely on
Adrienne Stinson wrote:

Samsung g s2

thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adrienne Stinson wrote:

Samsung g s2

Have you tried remotely installing an app called "Plan B" it's suppose to be a really good app for lost phones. I'm not sure of the features but it's worth a try if you haven't already. Other than apps like this there's nothing you can really do to locate it.
Userlevel 1
Adrienne Stinson wrote:

Samsung g s2

This site http://trendblog.net/how-to-find-your-android-phone-even-after-it-got-stolen/ will teach you how to find your lost Android Samsung g s2 Phone even without installed Tracking App