Koodo Community
Question

Phone screen cracked on it's own. Now irresponsive and I still have to pay?

• 16 November 2013
  • 72 replies

Show first post

72 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
i ended up saying screw it to the other phone and got an s4 for 0$ with another company. i did ...Why did you purchase another Samsung if you were unsatisfied with the quality and warranty terms of your previous phone?
Userlevel 4
i ended up saying screw it to the other phone and got an s4 for 0$ with another company. i did ...cause samsung is amazing 😉 She may have just had a lemon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
i ended up saying screw it to the other phone and got an s4 for 0$ with another company. i did ...She left Koodo due to a Samsung issue. If she has the same issue with her new Samsung, her experience isn't likely to be any different on another carrier.
i ended up saying screw it to the other phone and got an s4 for 0$ with another company. i did ...I left Koodo because I was unhappy with the way they were dealing with the matter. I would have stayed if I didn't have other problems, but my parents actually went in to look at phones and my Mom was treated extremely rude. She was politely asking questions cause she didn't know much about what she could do for me, and the people were very rude and wouldn't even show her other phones to look at and pretty much told her she couldn't afford anything. It upset me quite a bit. Samsung is a good brand, but I am aware that the phone i had (samsung ace 2x) has had a lot of problems. The S4 is supposed to be much better and it is so far.
"cracked on its own"? AS IF!! Good luck. No Carrier, service provider is gonna be suckered into that, that BS.
Userlevel 4
"cracked on its own"? AS IF!! Good luck. No Carrier, service provider is gonna be suckered into t...Quick questions which I will try to be crystal clear with... Who are you to determine what she said is BS? Do you work the quality control part of the factory the phones are made in? Doubtful. Before accusing someone of lying, get all the facts straight. It is completely possible for screens to crack without the device being dropped. Tempurature changes can do that. Hot to cold...cold to hot. Also if the phone passed inspection and during delivery to the stores, it's possible something happened durign the delivery where a "cause and effect" scenerio takes place. I've heard situations where people gently place their phone down and BAM! screen is cracked. Pack up these accusations and ship them off to a place no one cares about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"cracked on its own"? AS IF!! Good luck. No Carrier, service provider is gonna be suckered into t...There could also be manufacturing defects as well. There could have been a micro-fracture in the screen assembly before the phone was sold and it could have been so small that it could not have been seen by the naked eye. Yes, the #1 cause of cracked screens by far is from a drop which will always add skepticism when anyone claims otherwise but it is possible.
"cracked on its own"? AS IF!! Good luck. No Carrier, service provider is gonna be suckered into t...Thank you Tyler and Ivan! Aaron, If I was bullshitting why would i go to the extremes of posting on here after I sent it away to check if they will repair it? Fact is, the phone is ruined. One second it worked. The next it was sitting on a counter next to me in class and the screen is ruined and is unable to work. If the phone still worked I wouldn't be as disappointed, but the fact is that the entire phone couldn't be used cause it was unresponsive. I had it under a year.
"cracked on its own"? AS IF!! Good luck. No Carrier, service provider is gonna be suckered into t...I was very happy with Koodo for a lot of reasons, but I also had a lot of problems with connection with my phone and receiving texts. Nothing is perfect.
Userlevel 3
"cracked on its own"? AS IF!! Good luck. No Carrier, service provider is gonna be suckered into t...I was reading on Blackberrys website this seems to be a known issue by any chance just out of curiosity was it a blackberry z 10?
"cracked on its own"? AS IF!! Good luck. No Carrier, service provider is gonna be suckered into t...Oh really? It wasn't a blackberry, it was a Samsung Ace 2x!
Userlevel 6
Telus/Koodo, you need to take this thread as a good example. You are getting bad PR for something that you have no control over (quality checks, manufacturing, defects, user mishaps, etc). There needs to be a move away from subsidies entirely, just like you buy a TV you like and THEN get service (or not). Same for a car, you can fill it up where you please. Nobody calls Bell because their TV's suffered from a power spike. Therefore, Bell gets no PR from these events (it gets its own fair share of bad PR by other means, LOL!). What I mean is, it is Telus/Koodo that looks bad in this, whereas it's ultimately Samsung that should. For as long as people will get phones through their carriers, this will happen again and again and again. SIM-only is where it's at, IMVHO.
Userlevel 7
Telus/Koodo, you need to take this thread as a good example. You are getting bad PR for somethin...I think the issue is there really isn't much choice here in Canada when it comes to buying phones without subsidies that isn't a carrier, either. We usually have to flock to the used market or a grey place like Negri electronics, Expansys, Newegg, etc.
Userlevel 6
Telus/Koodo, you need to take this thread as a good example. You are getting bad PR for somethin...I agree Jonathan. However, it would only take one seller willing to have serious offers for brand new, factory unlocked phones and the ball would get rolling. It would raise consumer awareness too. Remember when the iPhone5 came out. Telus had an offer for their 64GB 4S model. It was 0$ on a 3yr contract. A 64GB model for 0$ was unheard of, and it made Telus look good. What they failed to point out though was that they still wanted $899 for those who bought outright. So what they did wasn't to lower the phone price, they simply subsidized more of it. While it looked good for the customer at first, the possibility of cancelling quickly became a $900 (or remaining) nightmare. Buying a 1yr old iPhone from a trusted source, outright, wouldn't cost near $900, and this is where the customer wins. But of course, all this remains an utopia if the carriers aren't willing to readjust their plans pricing accordingly. But, still, I'm of the opinion that a SIM-only flanker would be an interesting experiment for Canada, while also avoiding situations like the one at hand here with Koodo being caught between the customer and the manufacturer.
Userlevel 7
Telus/Koodo, you need to take this thread as a good example. You are getting bad PR for somethin...Technically Mobilicity was like this; all of their phones were completely unsubsidized and sold for full price or you could BYOD if it supported their frequency.
Userlevel 6
Telus/Koodo, you need to take this thread as a good example. You are getting bad PR for somethin...Oh I didn't know that. Then again, we don't have Wind and Mobi where I live. While it didn't work out for them, I think their failure was more about coverage than anything else. If a Big3 flanker would come up and use Mobi's business model, but on a network that's mature, the outcome would surely be vastly different! I'd try it :oD
It isn't Koodo's responsibility, it is the phone manufacturer.
Userlevel 4
It isn't Koodo's responsibility, it is the phone manufacturer. Pretty sure that has been established already.
Badge +4
Mattjs and I mentioned the elimination of subsidies some time ago. It's still going to happen, it's inevitable, in my opinion. It's just that the big three and their respective mvno's are milking it for all its' worth right now. The Wireless Code was the first step and it will be interesting to see what comes out of the 700 MHz spectrum auction beginning January 14, 2014. As for negative PR, I agree in part that the manufacturer should take the brunt, but I don't think this has reached cataclysmic proportions, otherwise we'd be seeing thousands of people in this community complaining about cracked touchscreens. Many are isolated incidents, as was the case here.