Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone says will not update firmware? Galaxy S2 X

When Jelly Bean Rolls out will I have an issue?

10 replies

I think that message you received from "Kies" just means that there isn't an OTA update available for your device from your provider or carrier yet. Once it is made available, then I would check "Kies" again to have the firmware updated. Hope that helps...
Badge +4
justin wrote:

I think that message you received from "Kies" just means that there isn't an OTA update available...

It's a "tethered" upgrade for the S2x, not an OTA upgrade. The S2x doesn't have the ability to update/upgrade over-the-air. Everything else you've mentioned is correct.
Userlevel 2
Don't think so any issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What version of Android are you running on your Galaxy S2x right now?
Kid Android I am running 4.0.4 on my S2X
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David Coxe wrote:

so have you not updated the phone once already using KIES?
Userlevel 7
David Coxe wrote:

After the 4.0 update was pushed out to Telus versions of the S II X, the phone was rolled out on Koodo. All S II Xs ordered/bought on Koodo come with ICS out of the box so he most likely never updated through Kies before.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David Coxe wrote:

Oh I thought Koodo just got Telus overstock of the Galaxy S2x, I guess it's been so popular that even if they did those would have been gone ages ago. Your right.
Userlevel 7
David Coxe wrote:

I guess they might have, but the rom was modified to run ICS by default and Koodo pops up on the start up screen.
David Coxe wrote:

Tmobile has jellybean should be us soon!!!!!!