Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone roamed accidentally? How do i see if I got charged?

Userlevel 1
Hi, I was flying back to the Canada from the US today and noticed when I landed in Canada that my phone powered on at some point in the day. Had no roaming plan. Trying to figure out if i'll get a big roaming bill. Logged on to my self serve account and i don't see anything under usage or mobiles services. Please help to confirm if there's any damage.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will have to wait until your get your pdf invoice
Userlevel 1
Ok, thanks!
Userlevel 1
Is there a way we could figure out the "worst case" scenario if I felt very confident that, at most, I roamed for2 days in the US with no data and no incoming or outgoing texts and 4 hours in the plane to Canada which i'm not sure if thar would be a satellite connection since the phone was not in airplane mode.
Userlevel 1
What roaming rate is charged if no data, phone calls or text messages were used? Data is blocked and no wifis were used and no calls or text messages either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Charles Richard wrote:

What roaming rate is charged if no data, phone calls or text messages were used? Data is blocked ...

In that case, you should not be charged anything 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Charles Richard wrote:

What roaming rate is charged if no data, phone calls or text messages were used? Data is blocked ...

No consumption; no charges.
Userlevel 1
Charles Richard wrote:

perfect, thank you! Was afraid I had screwed up royally and I was going to get a huge bill. I'm still not sure how the phone turned on.
Userlevel 1
Charles Richard wrote:

It was the unknown that was killing me. Was scared I would have been paying a lot per minute for the "pay per use" just to roam.
Userlevel 6
Charles Richard wrote:

To my knowledge, you can't roam on satellite service with Koodo or any other Canadian provider, you can only roam on partner carrier networks in other countries.
Incoming SMS are free, outbound texts, any phone calls and any data usage are pay per use unless part of some sort of roaming bundle. As David & Sophia mentioned, no consumption=no charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Charles Richard wrote:

You can roam on satellite service but only out to sea. Koodo's roaming rates even has satellite rates.