Koodo Community
Question

Phone replacement

• 20 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Ive been with Koodo for a while now and so far it's been great. That is until recently where I now feel very close to ditching them altogether. I recently upgraded my phone to a LG G7 one device. It began to have GPS issues where the map would kind of glitch out and show you at a 45 degree angle while driving. As I need a GPS for work, I sent my phone in for repair with Koodo. They replaced the main board and sent it back. Same issue. I sent it out again, and this time they did a software reload and sent it back. Same issue. So I asked the Koodo rep what my options were. They said that they would talk to their LG rep and their support team and get back to me. LG rep came back and said yes the lg phones have GPS issues nothing they will do. Apparently the protocol here would be to wipe my tab and give me a credit so I can get into a new device. It has been over a month and I have heard nothing. I'm ready to switch if something doesn't happen soon. The Koodo rep promised me a resolution weeks ago! Does Koodo have a loyalty department I could talk to?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
. LG rep came back and said yes the lg phones have GPS issues nothing they will do.

Do you have an official written confirmation or a recording about this?
I only have the word of the Koodo rep (Derek) I am dealing with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I only have the word of the Koodo rep (Derek) I am dealing with.
But why did you say "LG rep came back"? It was a totally different thing.

As the phone was sent to repair, it must follow their procedure https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy

If you are expecting some "loyalty treatment", you might want to call Koodo again and ask the rep.
The Koodo rep relayed what the lg rep had said about the issue. I am already aware of the repair process as I have done it twice as mentioned above. The Koodo rep said my tab would be wiped and it hasn't. I have called Koodo and I get responses that say sorry we can't help you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Koodo rep relayed what the lg rep had said about the issue. I am already aware of the repair process as I have done it twice as mentioned above. The Koodo rep said my tab would be wiped and it hasn't. I have called Koodo and I get responses that say sorry we can't help you.

There was always a recording of the conversation between you with a rep. If a Koodo rep mentioned that your Tab would be cleared, you could ask them to investigate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If this was something that were to happen you would need to go into the store and talk to them and get the tab waived and get a new phone. You have to go in store and talk to the people you were talking to though to start that process if that's what they told you.