Koodo Community
Solved

Phone Repaired Under Warranty But Came Back Without Screen Protector

• 24 April 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi, my phone came back from warranty work but the screen protector was removed. I would like to get a free replacement. Can Koodo assist me with this?
icon

Best answer by The Magic Talking Wall 24 April 2019, 17:26

Oof, sorry to hear that mate.

However, I doubt Koodo'll get you a free replacement.

A note on accessories:
Remove all accessories (including the battery, back cover and charger) and keep these items with you. If you do send them in, we’re not responsible for returning them to you. Provided the warranty hasn’t expired, there’s no charge for the repair if the defect is covered under the Manufacturer’s Warranty.

From https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Oof, sorry to hear that mate.

However, I doubt Koodo'll get you a free replacement.

A note on accessories:
Remove all accessories (including the battery, back cover and charger) and keep these items with you. If you do send them in, we’re not responsible for returning them to you. Provided the warranty hasn’t expired, there’s no charge for the repair if the defect is covered under the Manufacturer’s Warranty.

From https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy
Thanks for the response. Most screen protectors can't be taken on and off without ruining them though 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for the response. Most screen protectors can't be taken on and off without ruining them though :(
You can get a new Tempered Glass screen protector off Amazon or eBay for like $5 so you're not out by much at least. I recommend Spigen Tempered Glass they're priced great and are total quality.
Tempered glass was not recommended for my phone due to the curved screen and bad reviews. Plus tempered glass always cracks on me. The recommended protector for my phone and Spigen case that I purchased is $16 on Amazon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What I suggest is going to Best Buy so you can get it replaced anytime you want. I personally regret not it wit my phone. I'm on my second personally bought screen protector and ingot it wrong on both of the ever so slightly with the curves screen and they both bubbled up badly on the edges. It costs a little more but then you can replace them for free with the Best Buy option.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tempered glass was not recommended for my phone due to the curved screen and bad reviews. Plus tempered glass always cracks on me. The recommended protector for my phone and Spigen case that I purchased is $16 on Amazon.
Yeah didn't know you have a curved Samsung phone then if any Tempered Glass you'd want the white stone dome brand if you were to go with Tempered.

You say Tempered Glass ones always break on you but that's what they're designed to do it break on impact instead of the phones glass but still give you the feel of oiliaphobic coated glass so it feels like you don't have a screen protector at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What I suggest is going to Best Buy so you can get it replaced anytime you want. I personally regret not it wit my phone. I'm on my second personally bought screen protector and ingot it wrong on both of the ever so slightly with the curves screen and they both bubbled up badly on the edges. It costs a little more but then you can replace them for free with the Best Buy option.
Wow didn't know that,awesome info Goran 👍🏾😎
Userlevel 2
I don't use protection. It takes away the feel. 😅 I have never broken any phone screens so far.