Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone repair

Samsung s6 10 days old camera did not focus brought it in for repair and was told there was such a back log on the phone they did not have one to replace it and sent it out for repair and I may have to wait 3 weeks to get it back why was I not given a new phone or allowed to keep my old phone and the 15 replacement Warrenty extended so I was basically given a broken phone and than told that I can't get a new one and it has to go out for repair

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have an old phone then you should have just returned the phone and used your old one until they got some more stock. Did you try a factory reset of the phone and make sure that the camera software was up to date in the playstore and we'll as make sure it was running the most recent version of Android? If not try those things and see if it fixes your issue.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If you have an old phone then you should have just returned the phone and used your old one until...

One more time the phone is only 10 days old it was up to date and I did a factory reboot they also tried at the koodo store is hold of been able to keep the phone till a new phone came in but they said it would be past the 15 day exchange date because they would not have it in time I was told my only option was repair look past the faCT of my old phone and a loner phone why was the Warrenty they offered not met why do I have to be without my new phone because they gave me a defective phone basically right now I am paying for a phone that I don't have that is defective and that the Warrenty they gave me was worthless
I did a reset and a few other things also went to koodo and they tred a few things it would not focus just dissapointed that my knly option was send it out I asked for a new phone and was told I would be put on a waiting list and had to wait till they got their phones first so basically I'm paying for a phone that is defective and I don't have right now
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

I did a reset and a few other things also went to koodo and they tred a few things it would not f...

So you don't have your old phone to use anymore? Or a loaner that the store could have given you? Well yes you were given a "Defective" phone but that's not something that can really be helped. They are fixing that phone and just don't have another of the kind you want until then. You paid for it, and it's getting fixed free of charge as a result of you paying for it from Koodo.
Joe Depetris wrote:

I did a reset and a few other things also went to koodo and they tred a few things it would not f...

I agree but 15 day exchange Warrenty should of been extended or something rather than use my old phone and wait for repair
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

Extend to what end? It would still need to be repaired. Or did you really want to use it anyways until a replacement would be available?
Joe Depetris wrote:

I would of been happy if they said keep this phone till we get you a new one rather than tell me it has to be repaired no other option because they won't have a new one in before the 15 day replacement period ends I get it has to be fixed when I damage the phone they ensure I am accounable to pay for it to get fixed if it's not Warrenty related I'm just holding them to their standard
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

Their standard is being met by following the warranty procedures. They are accountable to get defects repaired. Perhaps it would be a good idea to extend the exchange period until then but it can be difficult to do things the system doesn't allow. I'm afraid it'll just require patience with an old or loaner phone from the store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

"...it has to be fixed when I damage the phone they ensure I am accountable to pay for...."

Did you damage the phone?  Or Was it  a Defective phone ?

Joe Depetris wrote:

It was a defective phone I was just stating that if it was my fault they would of held me accountable now that it's there fault I'm still held accountable
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

I'm not sure how you're still held accountable because you don have a s6 atm. It is being repaired/replaced free of charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should have asked for a loaner at the time of handing in the phone if you didn't have another one you can use. I understand you want a brand new one and that's why your upset, but it doesn't work that way. Something breaks on a phone, we send it in for repair it's just policy. I hope you have another phone you can use until your phone gets back to you. Best of luck
Policy is 15 day exchange it was within the 15 days so it's not policy trust me I have been in retail working for 22 years I know how this works
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

Policy is 15 day exchange it was within the 15 days so it's not policy trust me I have been in re...

Okay Joe. Best of luck. Hope u get ur phone back quickly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

Policy is 15 day exchange it was within the 15 days so it's not policy trust me I have been in re...

It's a 15-day money back guarantee. You can return it if you don't like it, . 
It doesn't say you can exchange your device within 15 days if you don't like it.
So, if they are out of stock, then you have to wait for it...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

I'm going for echo Mayumi here that it's to return and not exchange. You could order a new one online, since you're within the return window and the store/kiosk you went to doesn't carry it. You keep saying the warranty was not met but it's being repaired and absolutely met and you simply cannot be given a replacement/ exchsnge/ whatever term you want to use because there just aren't any in stock. This is not a warranty not being honoured issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

Why echo anyone? The person has already said it lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joe Depetris wrote:

OK AND expand 😛.
Badge +4
"Within 15 days from the date of purchase, you can exchange your phone or get a refund if you’re not completely satisfied. The phone must be returned in like-new condition with all included accessories and proof of purchase".

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-s...

Maybe Koodo should add an asterisk after exchange and mention that stock may be limited for some devices and that customers may have to wait until stock is replenished.